• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Anoying Moves Ever

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't know if this is just a joke, but I do find Wonderwing to be quite annoying to deal with. That very special move makes players have to do the bait and punish game against Banjo if they don't have the moves to counter (such as a long-ranged grab move) or take advantage of it (Revenge or Rebel's Guard).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That is quite annoying. Wonderwing. I recomend parry into smash attack to punish if your close enough to banjo.
Wonderwing makes Banjo invincible to counterattacks though. You either have to grab him, or wait for the invincibility frame duration to end before striking back.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I'd say :ultsonic:'s Spin Dash (Side-B).

-So safe. (6 frames of invincibility)
-So rewarding.
-So tricky to punish.
-So boring to try and deal with on big stages, especially online.

Not really that fun.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
If you complain about PK Fire you obviously haven't dealt with Arcfire, it's PK Fire cranked to the max
THIS SO MUCH. You just have to hold away from PK Fire to escape it pretty easily. Arcfire traps you for a year. Additionally, PK Fire disappears quickly if shielded. Arcfire sticks to your shield for so long that Robin can throw out a second Arcfire that sticks to your shield equally as long, by which point you're susceptible to grabs, Nosferatu, and shield pokes. You can roll out of Arcfire hitting your shield, which can get caught by plenty of things, including... another Arcfire. I think the only reasons PK Fire gets complained about way more, is that Ness is a pretty good character while Robin is pretty meh, and Ness' voice clip is aggravating.

I'm mixed on Wonder Wing. It is a pain having to avoid the move because you're aware it can kill so early, but it has a lot of both startup and endlag, in addition to the late hit being very weak. I kinda feel like they made Banjo's kit pretty underwhelming overall because of this move, but then WW is also surprisingly underwhelming, especially since you need it for recovering and zonebreaking, but only have 5 uses per stock. I'd say Banjo's projectiles are far more annoying, if anything.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Alolan Whip. Not saying it's too strong or anything, but if you can't cancel it, it takes forever to finish and breaks the pace of the match.

Nah

Smash Champion
can't say that I understand this whole Arcfire is PK Fire on crack train of thought

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Alolan Whip. Not saying it's too strong or anything, but if you can't cancel it, it takes forever to finish and breaks the pace of the match.
IMO, Alolan Whip is one of the best Side-B's. (Very underrated move)

Just like his D-Tilt and Revenge, if this was on a fast character, it'd be a nightmare.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The most annoying move in the game is Little Mac's up b. For both players. Sure, you may have won...but at what cost?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
The most annoying move in the game is Little Mac's up b. For both players. Sure, you may have won...but at what cost?
Do you mean KO Punch, which is little Mac's neutral B? Up B is the Rising Uppercut that goes almost nowhere in terms of recovery. I wouldn't say Rising Uppercut is annoying for anyone other than the Mac player who wishes their recovery wasn't hot garbage. KO Punch, though, is very annoying to play against.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Do you mean KO Punch, which is little Mac's neutral B? Up B is the Rising Uppercut that goes almost nowhere in terms of recovery. I wouldn't say Rising Uppercut is annoying for anyone other than the Mac player who wishes their recovery wasn't hot garbage. KO Punch, though, is very annoying to play against.
I say it's annoying because no one likes it-not Mac mains and not anyone else. Don't tell me you don't feel at least a little bad when Little Mac is right next to the ledge and dies because of his trash up b. It's annoying for me to play against not because it makes the match more difficult-I just hate seeing it and being reminded Nintendo put minimal work into balancing this character.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I say it's annoying because no one likes it-not Mac mains and not anyone else. Don't tell me you don't feel at least a little bad when Little Mac is right next to the ledge and dies because of his trash up b. It's annoying for me to play against not because it makes the match more difficult-I just hate seeing it and being reminded Nintendo put minimal work into balancing this character.
Ah, I see your reasoning now. Good points! I once killed Little Mac with Incineroar's jab. I jabbed him at ledge while he was trying to recover, and it sent him just a bit too far for Rising Uppercut to make it. I died a little inside.

Cam_Batant

Smash Apprentice
I would like to point out that Steve's down smash sends Little Mac at an angle that he can't recover... Little Mac you have my pitty when Steve comes out Oct. 13.

Edit: Steve comes out today any last words before he comes out?

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Inklings roller. So annoying to deal with. And you're stuck in the ground.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have two words, words that have probably been said before...

PK FIRE!

That is an annoying move.

Top Bottom