• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most aggravating taunts?

_gold_

Smash Master
What are some taunts that just get under your skin?
For me, I'd say Falcon's "Show me your moves" (classic), or any of Sonic's taunts.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
"Show me your moves", "Hiiiiii!", "Okay", "Sonic Speeed!", "La-la-la-la-la-la!", "I'm reeeally feeling it!", "Is that all ya got!?"

Donkey Kong's down taunt, Dedede's down taunt, and his crouch even though it's not really a taunt.

Special shout out to: "You're too slow!", "What's the matter, scared?"

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
None! Don't let taunts get you on tilt! I generally enjoy them as an aspect of the game.

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
The only taunt that make my blood boil is Dog Hunt Dog's laughing taunt.

JuanM

Smash Rookie
NNID
JuanJMorales
I dislike all taunts and when opponents crouch down repeatedly, like "teabagging."

Tigercat1

Smash Rookie
The absolute WORST experience in Smash Bros. to me is getting launched by PK Thunder2 at like 50% and getting hit with the "OKAYYYY" taunt. I'm also not a fan of Ike's crossed-arms/indifferent taunt, but that's mostly because I just dislike Ike as a character in general.

It's funny though, because I play Dedede primarily online in For Glory and I crouch a lot just to make it easier to D-Tilt. I didn't even realize that it was considered a taunt or "disrespectful" until I beat someone online and they blew up my Miiverse chewing me out for it...now I pretty much do it all the time haha.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Ness ok taunt is the best taunt. Use it after every kill lol. You shouldn't let taunts get you mad it's a fun little thing to do while waiting for your opponent to respawn.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Typically any taunt that is repeated makes my blood boil (taunting only once is fine), but this seems to be a favorite of my opponents:

:4metaknight: <( COME COME COME COME COME

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
YEWR TEW SLOW!! SANIC SPEEEED!!
YEWR TEW SLOW!! SANIC SPEEEED!!

:4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
It gets under my skin when my opponent doesn't taunt.
If you're gonna defeat me, the least you can do is look awesome while doing it.

Aygent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ayygent
3DS FC
4570-7961-7152
Taunts don't get to me,but damn the pikachu roll taunt and the "now it's shulk time" shulk taunts annoy me.

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
Taunts don't get to me,but damn the pikachu roll taunt and the "now it's shulk time" shulk taunts annoy me.
Everything that comes out of shulk's mouth is annoying. It's word vomit. One time I faced a guy in FG that trolled me by only using back slash the whole match....

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I usually don't get annoyed at taunting but these 5:

:4peach: LAA LALAA LALAAA LAAA!
:4sonic: SANIC SPEED!
:4wario: *Shakes his butt at you*
:4dedede: *Spins his hammer*

And the worst one :4pacman: Pacmans taunt where he lays down and whistles with notes flying over his head! Annoys me almost every time!

Last edited:

CubicBurrito45

Smash Cadet
NNID
CubicBurrito45
If you get absolutely wrecked by a Captain Falcon you need to let him

:4falcon: Show Me Ya Moves!!!

Its his duty as a Falcon player.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Its not a taunt, but it should be considered one,
:4peach:'s winning words in the results.
"DID I WIN?"
she says it so smug UGH.
SO SMUG :glare:

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
The one that really annoys me (aside from Pit's and Sonic's, but I attribute that to being annoyed by the character, and no one I know plays them anyway) is Pikachu's down-taunt. It's so annoying personally that I can't even stand using it myself when playing him.

Last edited:

pershona

Smash Journeyman
:4ness:"okay"
:4sonic: Pretty much all his taunts annoy me
:4duckhunt: The laugh, atleast it doesn't have the voice from the game.

Khao

Smash Lord
Guys, I think it's time to have a serious talk about teabagging.

Don't let it bother you, because the truth is it's not even actually possible in this game.

Teabagging is not and has never been just "crouching repeatedly," but putting your freaking balls inside another person's mouth. In games, this was done by crouching over your opponent's corpse after defeating them in representation of the action.

In Smash, characters don't leave bodies behind, so there's nowhere for the winning player to put their balls in. There's no chance for your opponent's balls to ever be inside your mouth even metaphorically.

Even if teabagging is your opponent's intention, they're actually failing to do so. At no point in the game you're even given a chance to put your balls into someone's mouth. So making references to the action is completely meaningless.

"But teabagging is not about the actual action, but about domination and humiliation and ****!"

That's just it, humiliation tactics kinda lose their meaning if you can't perform the actual tactic. There's simply no humiliation to be had. "I want to humiliate you" doesn't mean anything when you can't actually go ahead and do it.

So next time you see someone crouching repeatedly, think of it as if they're just crouching repeatedly, because that's literally all they're doing.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Don't let it bother you, because the truth is it's not even actually possible in this game.

Teabagging is not and has never been just "crouching repeatedly," but putting your freaking balls inside another person's mouth. In games, this was done by crouching over your opponent's corpse after defeating them in representation of the action.

In Smash, characters don't leave bodies behind, so there's nowhere for the winning player to put their balls in. There's no chance for your opponent's balls to ever be inside your mouth even metaphorically.

Even if teabagging is your opponent's intention, they're actually failing to do so. At no point in the game you're even given a chance to put your balls into someone's mouth. So making references to the action is completely meaningless.

"But teabagging is not about the actual action, but about domination and humiliation and ****!"

That's just it, humiliation tactics kinda lose their meaning if you can't perform the actual tactic. There's simply no humiliation to be had. "I want to humiliate you" doesn't mean anything when you can't actually go ahead and do it.

So next time you see someone crouching repeatedly, think of it as if they're just crouching repeatedly, because that's literally all they're doing.
I don't know what to think about this comment... How do you have a serious talk about teabagging? I'm hoping the majority of the people here know what teabagging is. Let's take a moment to let sink in that there is now an entire comment devoted to clarifying the name of the act of putting your balls in somebody's mouth.
Anyway, for me it's fighting a Jigglypuff. I can't help but feel like Jigglypuff goes out its way to incorporate some kind of taunt into all of her moves. That's why I love her so much.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I don't know what to think about this comment... How do you have a serious talk about teabagging? I'm hoping the majority of the people here know what teabagging is. Let's take a moment to let sink in that there is now an entire comment devoted to clarifying the name of the act of putting your balls in somebody's mouth.
Anyway, for me it's fighting a Jigglypuff. I can't help but feel like Jigglypuff goes out its way to incorporate some kind of taunt into all of her moves. That's why I love her so much.
It's just silly to see people complaining about it so often when it's not even possible to do in this game.

I'm mostly just sorta joking anyway.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's just silly to see people complaining about it so often when it's not even possible to do in this game.

I'm mostly just sorta joking anyway.
Just... You don't see that kinda comment every day. Or most days. Or ever, really. I'm sure somebody's glad you decided to speak up about... improper uses of teabagging. I mean, These are first-world problems right here!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Peach's Side Taunt takes the cake for me. God, and they say "You're too slow!" was annoying in Brawl...
Special mentions go to Ness's "Okay!", Wario's laugh, Yoshi's Down Taunt, [Dark] Pit's Down taunt, and Shulk's infamous "I'm really feeling it!"

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Its not a taunt, but it should be considered one,
:4peach:'s winning words in the results.
"DID I WIN?"
she says it so smug UGH.
SO SMUG :glare:
Yeah, if you ask me, it really shows how her character's changed since 2001.
In Melee, she sounded honestly confused about who the winner was.
Now, she's very well-aware that she can fend for herself. Good thing for the character... but it still rubs salt in the wound to hear after a loss. >_<

Even so, there's a reason I call any opposing :4gaw: "that damn laughing duck".

QWE-EH-QWE-EH-QWE-EH-QWE-EH...

Last edited:

Piedro

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf's down taunt. C'mon Dorf, just use that sword already! You've gotta feel it by now!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Peach's side taunt (which makes her sound like a complete *****) and all of Jigglypuff's taunts are the absolute worst taunts in Smash Bros. history. And Sonic's...I mean Sanic's "You're too slow!" taunt in Brawl was a total pain in the *** to go through. Good thing they replaced it with the lame *** "Sonic speed!"...I mean..."Sanic speed!" for that taunt.

[Deuce]

Smash Journeyman
Villager and his lil dance. Makes me wanna reach across the screen and choke the hell out of em

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
If I want to piss someone off, as soon as I send them flying I spam "HIIIII" or Kirby's cute little dance (side taunt)
Taunts don't upset me, it's more or less why they taunted.
Spam projectile>taunt

Raijinken

Smash Master
:4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:Sonic Speed!

Rosalina's are pretty annoying, too. And anything related to Diddy. Fox's nasaly "Come on!" is irritating, too.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
The taunt that boils my blood more than anything else is C.falcons fire taunt, HE HAS NOT DESERVED THE RIGHT TO GO SUPER SAIYAN AND SHOULD NOT ACT AS IF HE HAS!

Top Bottom