• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Videos of teh Falcon

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
Here are 3 new videos located in my profile. As usual playing my cousin, he decided to pick up that annoying wolf character. First 2 matches are sort of sluggish but still enjoyable, we both liked the 3rd though final kill as epic in how i read him and landed the hit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/svdchrono

Mann

Smash Ace
Didn't have the time to browse around when you posted that up.

Basing this off of video 3.
Your use of the first kick on the Nair to grab is how I use his Nairs. Try and approach less with the Dairs and Knees. Use Dsmash as a punish for those trying to roll behind you. More Gentlemen.

Tell your Wolf friend to be more aggressive and both of you will help each other improve.

I watched video #2, and Wolf seemed to come at you more. You should try baiting others with reverse Fsmashes and that SHAD techniques or whatever people want to call it.

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
Didn't have the time to browse around when you posted that up.

Basing this off of video 3.
Your use of the first kick on the Nair to grab is how I use his Nairs. Try and approach less with the Dairs and Knees. Use Dsmash as a punish for those trying to roll behind you. More Gentlemen.

Tell your Wolf friend to be more aggressive and both of you will help each other improve.

I watched video #2, and Wolf seemed to come at you more. You should try baiting others with reverse Fsmashes and that SHAD techniques or whatever people want to call it.
There are a few problems with some of your tips for example the gentlemen has no knockback easy for an apponent to punish you due to its horrid kb, downsmash indeed can be used to hit people who dodge behind but it is also easy to avoid with simple juke. Aswell how much more aggressive can wolf become if you over due it your bound to mess up, remeber this isnt melee this game is more strategy. and downair is a good approach when you time it due to it leads into combos if you do the anti lag down air.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Those nair to grabs were sexy. I need to add those to my game. Kind of hard to critique cause your opponent was kind of meh, too many dumb suicides.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
Nair to grabs were nice, unfortunately they do very little damage...props for doing what you could with falcon

Mann

Smash Ace
There are a few problems with some of your tips for example the gentlemen has no knockback easy for an apponent to punish you due to its horrid kb, downsmash indeed can be used to hit people who dodge behind but it is also easy to avoid with simple juke. Aswell how much more aggressive can wolf become if you over due it your bound to mess up, remeber this isnt melee this game is more strategy. and downair is a good approach when you time it due to it leads into combos if you do the anti lag down air.
Just because the gentleman has no knockback doesn't mean it isn't usable. Of course it's easy to avoid. But that doesn't mean you are going to use it every time. You have to decide when to use it.

When I mentioned about Wolf becoming more aggressive, in video 3 he knocks you up and just stands there watching you fall, while he can move to the side and use his B to rack up a few points. I know this isn't Melee. No wai.

Even if you find Dairs make good approaches, it's not going to happen every time. You might need to find yourself trying to make it so after you initiate it, you'll land behind your opponent so it gives you more time to recover.

edit: If not the Gentleman, you can still do 1-2 punches for a bit then move out. It helps after missing some aerials/stops them from shield grabbing you.

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
Except when i do a a a withouth multiple punches i usually get smashed while doing it since there is no KB. And the reason my wolf opponent doesnt jump at me is because he would rather time his moves later on then maybe being falcon kicked or downaired while he is jumps after me.

Mann

Smash Ace
Mmm in terms of Gentleman, are you stopping after the end of it? Or do you keep pressing A to continue and have them DI out of it? Take advantage having no knockback.

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
I use the Gentleman combo as more of an interrupter than a real combo starter. Keep them on their toes. By no means is this a spammable move, but it's not punished as harshly as you say if you use it sparsely.

Nair>Dthrow is nice, but be slower on the approach afterward as just about every character that I've used the dthrow on, regardless of percent, is able to hit or airdodge before you can approach for a chain hit (i.e. uair). The best situation to approach immediately is if they pop up at a high angle above you, at which point you can use the FULL reach of your uair to chase combo immediately (beware airdodge though, as this loses you a valuable combo if they do dodge it. They'll generally hit the ground before you can get another uair off). That said, a pause after your dthrows will generally benefit you. Again, mix this up a little, mindgames are absolutely necessary for you to accomplish any comboing out of a throw in this game. Nair also works if they're at low percents and you wait briefly before the chase (short hop and immediate nair for both hits will sometimes work on taller characters here). I agree with Mann: play more aggressively. If he's afraid of being hit in the air, he just needs to wise up and learn how to coax you into missing your counterattack (airdodge, fast fall out of the way and followup with combo).

Your use of the dair is decent, as it looks like most of them are autocancelled, which makes it a fine approach as long as you're soaring past them in the process (i.e. land behind them with good distance).

Don't approach with the knee unless your opponent is mentally handicapped. You'll get shield grabbed without question.

Take advantage of the platform more. When he recovers and lands on the platform, you miss a lot of opportunities for uair combos or bair finishes. Falcon's priority lies directly above him. Abuse this.
If he's EVER above you and forced to drop down through a platform to attack, try to beat him to it with uair chains.

Good use of the utilt. I've found that working in the ftilt isn't too shabby either. Try to find a healthy way of mixing that in somehow. Variety helps massively with Falcon.

Also, you have plenty of opportunities to Raptor Boost, considering how you use it only rarely (actually, I don't recall you using it on the ground EVER in these matches, air yes though). Since you already use it rarely, using it to take an opponent by surprise at the 20%-40% range is good, as that is about the weight that puts them in comboable range. Unfortunately, higher percents toss them ridiculously high, making it difficult to lead into a combo that way. If you connect a Raptor Boost at that point, you'll have to mix in some mindgames to keep them in the air. Try empty shorthops, or hop and fastfall onto the platform. Any method of feinting works well here.

Mindgames. You guys need to incorporate them a little more. More feinting, baiting, reverse smashing, leading, etc. Both of you guys could use some overall improvements on this.

Work on edgeguarding. This speaks for itself, you guys aren't working each other off the ledge enough.

Obviously suicide less.

And that's all I can offer.

Top Bottom