• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Tournament Ideas

Cjgarmani T.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cjgarmani
What I mean by tournament ideas is for ideas to make the Meta-Game fresh because sometimes people wouldn't wanna play the same old 1 v 1 or even 2 v 2 matches. We should be experimenting more with the game because we really shouldn't treat Smash Wii U/3DS like just another Smash game.

Make sure to stay within the rules of SmashBoards and keep the topics within new/unique tourney ideas.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
2v2v2's or 2v2v2v2's, anyone? That way there's only one person on your team to look out for and so it reduces the likelihood of you KOing your team mates, as well as speed things up (or so I think). If that's already a thing in competitive play, I would definitely like to see more of it.

Last edited:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Not unique at all, but i want to see more 4v4 tournies, and also character specific tournaments. ( for example all fox, to determine the best fox player). Other than that i want to see more custom stages used in tournaments, once custom stage sharing is brought to smash wii u.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Hah, someone once said that doing a 2v1 with the team of 2 handicapped would be a good idea. I personally don't agree, but I do like doing this when there's 3 people who wanna play. It's fun, but not competitive.

JarOfPlasma

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3239-3886-6677
3 v 3's or 4 v 4's would be amazing. You'd really have to work together to avoid destroying one of your own team-mates.

One idea I had was crew battle doubles. Teams of 8, 3 stocks each, 2 people are sent out at a time. When both players on one team lose, the remaining stocks that the players that are alive are put in the next game, and if one player dies, another is sent out.

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
My ideas:

3 on 3 "8-Player Smash"
Best of 3
3 stock each
Time set to 12 min.
Custom items off
2 on 2 Amiibo Tournament (a player and an Amiibo vs another player and their Amiibo)
Best of 3
4 stock each
Time set to 8 min.
Amiibo lvl. 50
Amiibo must be approved by TO under set conditions (Custom moves allowed/un-allowed, equipment allowed/unallowed, etc.) designated by the TO. Once entered into the competition, Amiibo must be kept under lock and key to prevent tampering or further training.​

Raijinken

Smash Master
3 v 3's or 4 v 4's would be amazing. You'd really have to work together to avoid destroying one of your own team-mates.

One idea I had was crew battle doubles. Teams of 8, 3 stocks each, 2 people are sent out at a time. When both players on one team lose, the remaining stocks that the players that are alive are put in the next game, and if one player dies, another is sent out.
Unfortunately, at least at the higher end of it, 4v4 matches tended to turn into stare-offs (at least the ones I watched) until one player or team got bored and did something gutsy.

Larger scale Crew battles could be really fun though.

I also approve of Amiibo tournaments and the occasional Custom Equipment tournament. I'd add Custom Moves to that list but I'm of the opinion that they should be fully legal at all tournaments to begin with, and thus shouldn't be an unusual idea.

Last edited:

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
I also approve of Amiibo tournaments and the occasional Custom Equipment tournament. I'd add Custom Moves to that list but I'm of the opinion that they should be fully legal at all tournaments to begin with, and thus shouldn't be an unusual idea.

Now Amiibo tournaments I could get down with. Maybe not as a main event but as kinda a side thing in addition to a main event: just have a system set up just for the amiibos to play on.

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
My ideas:
2 on 2 Amiibo Tournament (a player and an Amiibo vs another player and their Amiibo)
Best of 3
4 stock each
Time set to 8 min.
Amiibo lvl. 50
Amiibo must be approved by TO under set conditions (Custom moves allowed/un-allowed, equipment allowed/unallowed, etc.) designated by the TO. Once entered into the competition, Amiibo must be kept under lock and key to prevent tampering or further training.​
now this sounds interesting. its like a pokemon battle lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom