• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Stages?

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
I understand the reasoning behind why Dream Land is the only legal stage, but there should be at least one other legal stage. Personally, I think Yoshi's Island should be legalized. What do you lads think?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
A nice stage though it is, those off-stage clouds do allow certain characters to camp infinitely. Once you're on them, you'll never want to leave them especially since one is not likely to recover back without the opponent having a clean shot at you first.

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
while a little variety would be nice, especially in a game as limited as 64...there's really no option, since mods make people uncomfortable and all the other stages frankly just suck. they're either too big (hyrule castle, sector z), have irritating hazards or poor design decisions (planet zebes, mushroom kingdom, peach's castle, hyrule castle again) or a single problem that completely ruins the stage as a whole, as inoffensive as it may be (kongo jungle, yoshi's island)

really the only one that would have even a chance at re-legalization would be hyrule, and https://youtu.be/eiQp5w-9IAE well

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
The only other stage I do believe should be somewhat legalized is Hyrule Castle. Players employ the Gentleman Rule to play this stage anyway. Not to mention it's the ideal place to be in terms of 2-vs.-2 matches.

Hunter Price

Smash Rookie
personally for singles i think they sould use the version of final destination that they made in the 19xx mod as a legal singles stage. i feel like it could possibly expand the meta even more for some characters like fox if they made it legal in standards, but a lot of players dont have acess to the 19xx mod so idk. dreamland works for me

Yoshi-Fan GM

Smash Cadet
If only Yoshi's Island was the same as the 1P Mode stage (the one with no clouds) it could be perfectly legal, but that's only my opinion...

Peach's Castle used to be a counterpick stage AFAIK. But if I were to host a tournament or something, I would put Hyrule as a counterpick stage too along with Peach's. Link is pretty good on Hyrule, as well as Fox, so Hyrule could be used in favor of these characters.

Last edited:

bigblast66

Smash Cadet
while a little variety would be nice, especially in a game as limited as 64...there's really no option, since mods make people uncomfortable and all the other stages frankly just suck. they're either too big (hyrule castle, sector z), have irritating hazards or poor design decisions (planet zebes, mushroom kingdom, peach's castle, hyrule castle again) or a single problem that completely ruins the stage as a whole, as inoffensive as it may be (kongo jungle, yoshi's island)

really the only one that would have even a chance at re-legalization would be hyrule, and https://youtu.be/eiQp5w-9IAE well
thats fan unfair video, theres no timer, theres no anti-stalling rule either.

Top Bottom