• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Meteors

jmanxiv

Smash Apprentice
Lately I have change my approach towards mario's fair, before I would face my opponent and try to fair them while i am out the stage. Now I run towards edge pivot and jump towards my opponent while facing the stage and I fair them. I have seen an increase in spikes and even early kills. Pivoting a fair can really catch opponents off guard, if then quickly. what do you guys think?

Big-Omar

Smash Journeyman
It can catch opponets off gaurd, but it leaves you very open to attacks since fair's hit box is in front of mario. Atleast you can still sour spot it if you use it facing the opponet. Only time I would pivot a Fair would be to be flashy lol...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I, for one, hate the sourspot on Fair, and this kinda remedies that issue.

Plus...approaching backwards is always good for Mario. That said, gotta pick and choose when you do this...

I used to do this on Melee...10x flashier. Still looks sexy on Brawl.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It can be good to do that so that you can hit someone's blindspot while they recover.

Spiking with Mario however still isn't that good anyway except against Snake.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-I really like Fair, because it's our best aerial in terms of shieldstun and double spike or even triple spike are things that not many Marios do x9-

Top Bottom