• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

more hints at high tier.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
in this thread, Montage, a pro crew, ranked the brawl charcters on a scale of 1/10

DDD:
Don't listen to other people. He's amazing. He took Marth's grab range from melee. He can chaingrab. He has a projectile that can star KO at 65%. He has 5 jumps, and a higher UB than Kirby. Did I mention that he's so powerful, he's broken? Oh I didn't? Oh, well then. He is god**** powerful. And quick. His tilts come out rapid fire. Lord knows a heavy character needs to be top tier, but will the Spacies let it happen? Only time will tell.
Rating: 8/10
ganon got the worst score, and he was gonna be my main... im glad i jumped ship.

anyways, this report makes be both verry happy and verry sad at once.

on the one hand im glad im gonna be able to own.
on the other, i do not want DDD to be overly popular.
I dont want people to use him just because hes the next hot thing in the rankings

I only want to go agains other DDDs if they truely understand how epic awsome he is.

so please, dont go spreading around how good he is outside of the DDD boards, it will only encourage noobs to disgrace his good name.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes, dedede sounds great

but let's not appeal to authorities on "bad" characters yet.

when looking at characters, you have to realize the pros and cons first, and then ACCENTUATE the pros.

with ganon, maybe the cons are currently outweighing the pros... but it doesn't mean he doesn't have any pros that he can exploit to the fullest.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Its ok to be a noob in terms of skill, so long as you work to improve it.

but if you just play DDD because you think hes gonna help you win with out truly accepting why hes the best charcter in the game, you will be a noob for life.

DDD is the best charcter in the game because of who he is, not what he can do. (though what he can do sounds pretty badass as well)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Why should it matter? Just use a character you have fun with lol >_>. If you're as big as a DDD fan you claim to be that shouldn't even matter.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Dedede looks pretty awsome!

...The only problem is, He has 34 (not counting transformations) other charictors to contend with.

Potential? Yes.

Awsomeness? Yes.

God amongst smash... We'll see.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Right now, it all depends on how good his edge game is off of the ledge.
if he can forward momentum Bair (I wish they would give it an official name already) in the middle of a string of puffs, then high tier is a good possibility. If he has to get all of his kill moves from the stage, then he will prob have to settle for mid-tier... which is still good enough in my book.

Im talking to someone who is testing it out now.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Zenjamin, while Montage is a competitive crew, their word is not law and what they say is still an opinion. Just because they say a character sucks doesn't mean they suck they just can't handle their special brand of awesomness. Even if a character is considered the lowest tier, they can still be good when played correctly. Take Mewtwo from meele, he was considered the worst but there were people who could still completly destroy most people with him. I'm not saying that Dedede is bad, but the game hasn't even been relased in the states yet no one can truly see the potential of some of the harder to master characters. I wouldn't drop gannondorf quite yet. if you want to main him, than main him.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I wont drop ganon completely.
but even if DDD turns out to be lower on the tier list then ganon, i will still likely main him because of the TruFax that this thread brought to light.

also, I have yet to see anyone who has actually spent time with DDD contradict what Montage said.

further, nobody really was able to make MewToo great.
Sure, Taj was able to make shadowclaw2 and make mewtoo LOOK top-tier, but in actual tournament matches, he always uses fox. (or was it falco?)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
you just called somebody else more cool then DDD.
For that you just lost.
everything you say is now wrong.

and just to poke more fun at you, CF has returned with a scarf that quite clearly says that he is flaming gay. though i suppose it shouldnt be a surprise with his golden nipples.

go educate yourself and come back when you have converted
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139061

:p

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice
That sentence is bull@#$%.... think of Captain Falcon. No matter how popular he gets, he will always be the most cool. Don't try those kinds of sentences on me. I is to smart four that!
It's so cool how he spreads his muscular legs out...especially in his hot pink, smooth vanilla attire and that long, flowing scarf. What's better than being fisted by his hot, powerful Falcon Pwnch? Umm...D3.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
know what, before the game... I wanted to main 3D, and now, so does everyone who wants the highest tier guy....
Yes, it is verry worrysome.
whats even worse, is my friend brought it to my attention that some people will want to main DDD just for the chain-grab...

Looks like I will have to become verry proficiant in DDD dittos so I can completely **** DDD noobs into the ground.
you know the type, those who think they can USE DDD, instead of it being a partnership.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dedede owns too much. Actually, I kind of agree with the Montage ranking, but while Dedede is certainly not bad, he doesn't excel at everything.

They say he has a projectile that can Star KO at 65%, but you simply can't rely on Gordos. There's a 1 in like...10 (?) chance of them appearing instead of another minion.

His Smash attacks are slow as hell, but he has that awesome Aerial play. Bair owns the crap out of everything, it's ideal. It can KO, edgeguard and combo all at the same time and it's priority is great.

And stuff.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, the gordo is just a bonus, not a reason for being high tier... and in my experence they are much more rare then 10%

Ryan-K

Smash Master
DDD doesn't seem to have any "get the hell off me" moves so sheik and pals like mess him up -_-. His jab isn't as reliable as like ganon's melee jab or something. He is good but I think you guys are overrating him and getting too worried over how many people will want to use him. Alot of people wanna try him when they get the game but I am not sure how many actually wanna main him in the long run.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Half the people I know were going to use Dedede the moment he got announced, regardless of his stats.
We know how much he owns already.

(I mean, he always gets me on Samurai Kirby! That's ownage!)

Toesrus

Smash Cadet
DDD doesn't seem to have any "get the hell off me" moves so sheik and pals like mess him up -_-. His jab isn't as reliable as like ganon's melee jab or something. He is good but I think you guys are overrating him and getting too worried over how many people will want to use him. Alot of people wanna try him when they get the game but I am not sure how many actually wanna main him in the long run.

try using DTILT.
it has incredible knockback and you can pull it out really quickly.
i think that would count as a "Get the hell of me" move.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Half the people I know were going to use Dedede the moment he got announced, regardless of his stats.
We know how much he owns already.

(I mean, he always gets me on Samurai Kirby! That's ownage!)
Samurai Kirby... Once, just *once*, I got past Metaknight on the hardest level of difficulty.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Everyone needs to understand that tiers are not based on the specifics of a character, they are based on tournament results. If we want Dedede to be top tier, we need the players here to start tearing up the Brawl tournaments as much as we can, and consistently place high. That will give Dedede a better chance of being top tier.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Yeah... well that means Wario can kiss his *** goodbye seeing as I doubt he's popular enough.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
well dur.

DDD has dedicated players, even if statistically he had turned out to be like mewtoo he would never be bottom tier because he has dedicated servants who love him.

but its his stats that we will work with that will now define his tier standing.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
well dur.

DDD has dedicated players, even if statistically he had turned out to be like mewtoo he would never be bottom tier because he has dedicated servants who love him.

but its his stats that we will work with that will now define his tier standing.
Lawl... "servants".

But actually Dedede got a shot at top tier in my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
so does wario for what its worth... his DI is nuts good, his bike can work really well for him, can combo into his fart, only other charcter that can CG (that i know of), ect...

actually, prob not, Wario is just not cool enough to get abunch of dignified tourny goers to use someone who farts and picks his nose.

where as DDD is too cool not to use... even if he does turn out to be a big combo target for the top tiers.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
so does wario for what its worth... his DI is nuts good, his bike can work really well for him, can combo into his fart, only other charcter that can CG (that i know of), ect...

actually, prob not, Wario is just not cool enough to get abunch of dignified tourny goers to use someone who farts and picks his nose.

where as DDD is too cool not to use... even if he does turn out to be a big combo target for the top tiers.
I noticed more and more people coming to the Wario forum saying they'll use him, so you never know about his popularity...

although his number one weakness (and his only one, really), is his range.

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't think Dedede is going to be top tier. Top tier characters usually don't have glaring flaws. As it stands, he's relatively slow, he has a hard time getting back on the stage safely if he gets knocked off, he doesn't work well on stages with platforms, and while his forward smash has awesome knockback, all his other attacks just have either slightly above average knockback (bair) or pretty much none at all (neutral a).

I like Dedede, but eh.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
he cant be "top" tier because of how big he is.

but he can get back to the stage just fine, if you know when to cancel his upB, also, DDD has no problem getting early kills even without a mindgamed Fsmash.

Met

Smash Ace
uhhh all of his moves have great knockback except a couple. I don't think he is going to be top tier. Also its way to early to be trying to figure this stuff out. but I do think eventually he will be up there.

Top Bottom