• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More footstool chaingrabs

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Ive heard discussions of the footstool chaingrabs lately... especially the now infamous bthrow to footstool to iceblock to regrab on heavies. Ive been playing around with footstools, and noticed that a couple others work as well.... Unfortunately i don't have video capture software but i will try to describe them as well as i can.

1. The first one i am fairly certain has been mentioned, but never really expanded on.... I notice it actually works fairly well on light characters... such as meta knight and even jigglypuff. To do it, you hit the control stick hard enough in an fthrow to make nana dash. Once nana is about halfway through the opponent... maybe a TEENY bit more. You press jump twice to get off the ground and footstool. iceblock just like the other ones. Only flaw i notice is the normal mistiming... and tripping, unfortunately.

2. This one also works well on light characters, its dthrow, then you quarter circle the control stick so nana dashes towards the opponent similar to the first throw, jump twice to footstool to ice block. Same flaws as the first one.

3. This one is incomplete, as i have yet to find a way to turn it into some sort of chain. However, when nana has the opponent you can jump with popo, have her upthrow, and then footstool. Ive yet to figure out how to regrab because unfortunately nana then jumps from the ground and tries to follow you.

Anyways, feel free to add to what ive said, correct me, etc. Just be constructive. And if this has already been said, sorry. Hope i helped the community somehow with this. If anyone wants to try to make a video of it, lemme know and ill add it to this post.

Top Bottom