• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More Diddy Humping

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that few players use the diddy hump during an onslaught of peanuts and bananas, and often throw banana's at shields (although this isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I find that when I'm attempting a double banana lock, if the opponent shields the first banana, they will also probably attempt to shield the second, to I go for a diddy hump right after. Another tactic I like to use is to pick up a banana then immediately diddy hump. My favorite mindgame is if my opponent is on a platform, I go for the hump rather than for the aerial, to punish the shield.

These are some obvious tricks, but I'm just wondering why they're used so rarely. Of course these tactics don't always work, and can be punished accordingly if abused, but I'd just like
to encourage a broader and more frequent use of diddy's most humiliating move. :)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Diddy hump has start up lag and weird spacing. You can set up a banana lock with the hump as well.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
True, the start up lag makes this move hard to spam since if you use it enough, people can start punishing it on reaction if they`re really watching.

But it can sort of turn into more of a guessing game. You can pull the kick out at any time to outprioritize/clank with most attacks so theyll always be wondering; 'should I shield or should I attack?'

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
But it can sort of turn into more of a guessing game. You can pull the kick out at any time to outprioritize/clank with most attacks so theyll always be wondering; 'should I shield or should I attack?'
I only use the MFK in the air and rarely on the ground, but I guess I'm just afraid of shields :ohwell:.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well it depends, it's only abusable on large characters like DDD and DK. Beware if DDD spotdodges it though, he can grab you from behind and then it's a whole heep of damage. Otherwise it's very hard to space on characters like olimar and metaknight.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
z-drop to MFK/MFK to z-drop???

Buffered MFK (no landing lag yay?) is good for punishing rolls and (banana) trips.
(less lazy MFK summary when I get not lazy)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Yea Side b to mid air jump to z drop bair works pretty well. They will either spotdodge and eat the damage or shield and you won't be punished since the banana lands right there and they have to turn around to grab you.

Top Bottom