• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonwalking with marth?

Fantasies

Smash Rookie
It doesn't have many practical uses aside from grabbing ledge and just looking sexy in general but how do you moonwalk/stickywalk with marth?
how easy is it compared to falcon's moonwalk?
and what are some ways I can practice it?

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Is there a reason why marth goes freeze frame during part of that moonwalk?
The marth starts running at the end. Not 100% certain, but I think the rate at which the run animation proceeds depends on your speed, because different run speeds are possible and running would look weird if it didn't take into account the characters velocity. Since the marth's speed is actually negative at the run in the end, the run animation doesn't proceed at all.

HGF

Smash Cadet
I personally like to use moonwalk as a mixup to get grabs. It is pretty bad but its mostly to try and look cool. I learned to moonwalk with marth by leaning to do it with fox first. I got frustrated at first when practicing and trying to do it with Marth that I went to fox and started there. I got Fox's down pretty quickly and Marth's just seemed easy to pick up after doing so.

Top Bottom