• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonwalking Information

Cringe

Smash Rookie
When a Marth wave dashes back and dashes quickly forward it looks as if he is staying still (a cactus dash). this happens because his momentum is moving back but he cancels that momentum by moving forward thus staying in place, and as i was watching the apex 2015 grand finals i saw PPMD using this to open up his opponent and bait his opponent. and this got me thinking about falcon and how he could use his movement to trick his opponent. so when moonwalking with falcon what can you do to change up what happens during his moonwalk? is there an equivalent to cactus dashing but during his moonwalk? can you moon walk and dash dance in the opposite direction will it have a different effect?

-i am not in the position to test it out right now but any ideas would be awesome as well !!

djmath

Smash Apprentice
I'm no expert but I don't think falcon's wavedash is long enough to get the similar effect of the cactus dash

Cringe

Smash Rookie
what i mean is what would happen if you were to start the moonwalk and than wave dash forward would that create a weird effect o would the wave dash just cancel the moonwalk?

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
From my knowledge, that just cancel's the moonwalk

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Falcon can sticky walk to get the effect you're thinking of. But yeah the method you're describing only works with characters that have lower traction. (luigi, ICs, Marth, etc)

You can do the minimum distance foxtrot too. Check out gravy's guide on how to move good and do other stuff good too. The foxtrot at it's smallest looks funky and falcon doesn't go far.

If you're just looking for tricky movement another thing could be just not doing a full moon walk and just doing a treadmill.

Top Bottom