• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moonwalking and Haxdashing handcams

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't welcome. I've done a fair few of these but these are my best (IMO) as Falcon is my character. These moonwalks are particularly special (I don't go completely to 3 o'clock) but you can get the right idea. I know a lot of people struggled with the fast fall on the Haxdash or the multiple moonwalks, so I hope these help.

Haxdashing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxg05IN9ncw (not jumping at the first opportunity)

Moonwalking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdqX3l8sesA (not sliding right to 3 o'clock)

Again, not perfect at all but it might be worth looking at. I know exactly where I went wrong with these (thanks to the slow-mo) so can improve much quicker before I did these. In fact, since making these I've gotten these far more consistent

I'd quite like to do more Falcon videos if anyone wants any more. Please let me know what you think.

Stark

Smash Rookie
I quite frankly enjoyed that haxdash vid. I've been wanting to see videos of the handcam for it, and glad that someone finally did it! thanks, man.

Stegosaur

Smash Rookie
Very impressive, I just am having some trouble seeing what you're doing with the analog stick when you jump off the ledge, are you holding towards the stage then flicking it into the wavedash position?

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Very impressive, I just am having some trouble seeing what you're doing with the analog stick when you jump off the ledge, are you holding towards the stage then flicking it into the wavedash position?
Which vid?

I jump from the ledge and hold in a tiny bit to get on stage, the wavedash off.

I fast fall to the ledge after wavedashing off the ledge in the Haxdash.

For the moonwalk I just fast fall to the ledge when I'm offstage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom