• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monthly brawl tourneys in tennessee??

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9

There are alot of brawl players in tennessee, but no one hosts tournaments and if they do
its usually free so alot of players dont travel long distances to attend them.
well iam currently looking for a venue to have monthly brawl tournaments at.
the tennessee community needs this, we have alot of potential here.
i will update this as much as possible to keep yall informed.
please spread the word about this and frequently check this thread for updates. thank you.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
We have weekly Project M get togethers at my place in murfreesboro. I have been trying to put something together here in murfreesboro for a tournament. **** is costly if you know you wont get your money back.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Very true. I spent over $1000 for that tournament in Camden and I didn't make any whereh near as much back, but I was not expecting to. Anyway, you need some P:M at these as well. That **** is too fun. If I can find a venue, I will be hosting some as well so you two won't be hosting tournaments alone. Let me know when you'll be hosting and I will do what I can to attend!

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
KO is being serious. I think I might even like P:M more than Brawl. It is just so much fun! You should really try it out, man. Seriously... Like KO said, transfer of skill.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I just hate melee now, and I don't like modded games like that...but I will give it a chance. lol whenever u guys come I'll have it as a side event

:phone:

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! I'm not crazy about Melee for some reason, but P:M is just amazing.

By the way, you found a venue yet?
I found a place where they play Brawl Minus, but I'm not too crazy about Brawl Minus.
They have tournaments for it, but I am going to see if they are willing to Host other tournaments as well. I think I could possibly get some others to come as well, hopefully, if they decide to do so.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Awesome! I'm not crazy about Melee for some reason, but P:M is just amazing.

By the way, you found a venue yet?
I found a place where they play Brawl Minus, but I'm not too crazy about Brawl Minus.
They have tournaments for it, but I am going to see if they are willing to Host other tournaments as well. I think I could possibly get some others to come as well, hopefully, if they decide to do so.
P:M is a really good mixture of brawl and melee tactics. Brawl Minus can be fun too!

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
or how bout just brawl? tripping and all :troll:

no, I haven't all the ones listed are far too big. I'm going out Saturday down some main streets and checking out churches with one room large enough for atleast 50 people.

I hope I get it soon. I feel like I've hit a wall. I need to players to ****, I mean practice with.

but let me know about that jt, and good job at the bama and Georgia tourneys, you're getting better.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I am going to actually call a lot of places whenever I can. I found a place close, but they only seem to rent the venue for 6 hours at the most, which was really disappointing.

I'll be able to figure everything out soon hopefully. I've looked up many other places and if I have to, I'll go hours away to host one, like last time. That much money probably won't be put into it again though.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I am going to actually call a lot of places whenever I can. I found a place close, but they only seem to rent the venue for 6 hours at the most, which was really disappointing.

I'll be able to figure everything out soon hopefully. I've looked up many other places and if I have to, I'll go hours away to host one, like last time. That much money probably won't be put into it again though.
if you want we can co host and event together here in murfreesboro. I dont mind there being a brawl tournament but Project M would have to be atleast equal focus on the event list.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Project M will definitely be one of my main focuses at every tournament I host now. I just won't always be able to travel to Murfreesboro for a tournament. That is the only thing I am worried about.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Project M will definitely be one of my main focuses at every tournament I host now. I just won't always be able to travel to Murfreesboro for a tournament. That is the only thing I am worried about.

well about a month after FC we can talk about hosting a new tournament series.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
some one needs to pick up Memphis slack. there fading away. they haven't had a tournament since last year. I'm def going to get something started for east tn. Kentucky and Ohio are even going to travel down and attend. hype.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! Maybe I can get some Alabama and Georgia players to come to the Chattanooga one hopefully. KO, I bet more people would come if you brought money into some of these tournaments you host?

Have you found a venue yet Nova?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Awesome! Maybe I can get some Alabama and Georgia players to come to the Chattanooga one hopefully. KO, I bet more people would come if you brought money into some of these tournaments you host?

Have you found a venue yet Nova?

yes If i brought money into the tournament. Oh wait im broke as hell.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Understandable. Now that I am living with my girlfriend in an apartment with just the two of us so I cannot guarantee me attending any tournaments for sure. Hopefully venues here will not cost much.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I do not know. I believe the closest person to you is Nova 9 and he lives in Knoxville, which looks about 2 hours away. Try PMing him. He might know something.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
^^i see now.
and I have some potentials set up for this weekend. ima go have a meeting with them sometime this Friday or Saturday. I'm trying to charge every one $10 for the venue fee. if they want more than that I'm going to look else where.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Well the venus that I just found maxes out at $210 for 12 hours so I would probably do like an 11 to 11 thing, but I told her that I probably wouldn't be choosing a date until latter. Just thought I would let people know and maybe if we could, possibly get tournaments all around Tennessee going. You know of any venues throughout Murfreesboro that you might be able to check out, KO?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Well the venus that I just found maxes out at $210 for 12 hours so I would probably do like an 11 to 11 thing, but I told her that I probably wouldn't be choosing a date until latter. Just thought I would let people know and maybe if we could, possibly get tournaments all around Tennessee going. You know of any venues throughout Murfreesboro that you might be able to check out, KO?

there is a hotel here in murfreesboro right off of the interstate that does card shows once a month that we can host. Im not certain on how much it would cost but it is the perfect place to host a tournament.

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
there is a hotel here in murfreesboro right off of the interstate that does card shows once a month that we can host. Im not certain on how much it would cost but it is the perfect place to host a tournament.
My old hotel down on Thompson charged around $100 for the meeting room, and it held around 60 people.

aOA

Smash Rookie
My church may be hosting a Melee, and Brawl tourney next month, and if you want I can be your training partner.

Top Bottom