• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montana Thread

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
in b4 lol montana

anyone decent play smash here? Anyone think about hosting any tourneys here? I could maybe try to get one started in Polson.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Nobody lives here. At least none with electircity. Move to WI. We have cheese

Tony_

Smash Ace
No its not. I am from Great Falls, and I have locals every week. I'm gonna try and get a montana wide tourney goin this summer sometime.

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
oh could you give me the info on that? I'd really be interested in going to some of that, plz let me know thanks

Tony_

Smash Ace
For locals, its Action Cards and Comics in the Westgate Mall. No prizes because we don;t get that many people. Smash usually starts at 12 or 1 PM. It might not be every week because I MIGHT start work soon, and the schedules change every week.

As for the state wide tourney, I don't know yet. Maybe I can get people from Billings and Missoula?

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
Oh so I can't just show up for smash because it's random? is this a bunch of friends kind of thing or public?

Tony_

Smash Ace
I;d let the local players know ahead of time that a tourney is going to be held. We haven't had one lately because of summer starting and finals for HS students.

Its public yeah. We still play for fun even if tournies aren't being held that much. I'll start holding more tho.

M3zm3r1z3

Smash Apprentice
oh cool, alright, do you guys announce tourneys on these boards? I just don't want to miss any Montana tourneys if possible :p

P

Pizzakiller

taking a shot in the dark here, but... any billings players? I highly doubt it seeing as Montana isn't the best place to be a hardcore gamer... but let's take our chances anyway. If you are in Billings give a post back. I am always up for matches. Don't own Brawl, but I am a fierce Melee player.

P

Pizzakiller

Holy... my shot in the dark WORKED! Cheer! Yeah man I live right across from West High. We could make some arrangements to play at my place or yours, depending on location. Sadly, I don't own a car, but I know how to get around town. Give me a Private message with where ya are.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Okay. I am making a huge *** bump because I can.

Also, gonna have a smashfest sometime this month too. I'l post more details later. Just know its for Brawl and Melee.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Uhhhh, I didn't know about this thread. I'm from Sidney, so yeah.

Kirsh

Smash Rookie
Bring this thread back! HYPE Montana! We NEED to get tourneys going here!
anyone who reads this... MONTANA is NOT DED

Tony_

Smash Ace
SO WHO HERE IS STILL ALIVE TO SEE THIS MESSAGE lol.

Getting back into it. Could use some games. :p Anyone from the Great Falls area?

Tony_

Smash Ace
You mean like me? :p Because if I could travel around the state for Smash stuff I would. I hate the snow.

A shot in the dark time: any one in MT from the Great Falls area?

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
Kalispell, Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings (sort of kinda, they play only pm, but they sure do like their other fighting games) all have active smash communities.

Bozeman:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310359889094549/

Kalispell:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435458979998796/

Missoula:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/154837537894706/

And then Billings has a page for a local gaming hangout, where they play just about anything:
https://www.facebook.com/thegaminglounge1

Tony_, if you have problems traveling, I pass through Great Falls to get to any tournament in Montana. I'd be happy to give you a ride.

Fortress

Smash Master
Well, you jumped the gun on my big announcement for Montana Smash as a whole...

Bozeman, Missoula, Kalispell, and Billings are going to be hosting bi-weeklies and monthlies, with a major event every three months alternating between Bozeman and Missoula. Smash is going to be there in Melee and PM so far, but count on many other titles, such as SSFIVAE, Injustice, and more. Missoula plays some hardcore SF and Injustice, Kalispell is strictly Smash. Anyway, expect a much bigger announcement in the days to come. All four 'core' cities are banding together to get Montana's first ever All-State fight game community going.

The first event is planned out to be in Bozeman on the 12th of April. More information on that soon.

Last edited:

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
Jumped the gun? it's not like i said we were all coming together >.>

BECAUSE WE TOTALLY ARE AND IT'S GONNA BE INSAAAAANE

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Jumped the gun? it's not like i said we were all coming together >.>
Then you're behind on the times, brah. Talks have been in the works for a couple of weeks now on bringing the four cities together. It's pretty serious at this point. The first event is in Bozo on the 12th of April.

Fortress

Smash Master
Turns out that this is a really weird coincidence. Our last group session was about taking the news to Smashboards with a big, official announcement, so I just assumed you were one of the guys in on it lol. Which scene do you belong to?

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
Then you're behind on the times, brah. Talks have been in the works for a couple of weeks now on bringing the four cities together. It's pretty serious at this point. The first event is in Bozo on the 12th of April.
I thought you meant like I made an announcement when you were planning on doing it. I've known all of this because I'm in the various fb groups.

I just remembered I saw this topic a few weeks ago and just today thought, "I should let people know about the groups!"

I'm from Havre, but I identify with the Bozeman crew because they were the first group I played with.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Ahhhhh I see. Well, yeah, there IS an official All-State event that we're all planning lol. I thought you were part of the eight-or-so people from the various cities planning it with me. I'm drafting an actual ANNOUNCEMENT as we speak.

FriendGuy

Smash Cadet
aren't you the guy with the stormtrooper eating a cheeseburger profile pic? I'm the guy who suggested Montanans Organize Nifty Tournaments.

Fortress

Smash Master
I am, yeah. Missoula and Kalispell got together last week and threw down, and then we decided to get Bozeman and Billings in on it after we started talking about it that night. We've been working on this for a while now lol.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Kalispell, Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings (sort of kinda, they play only pm, but they sure do like their other fighting games) all have active smash communities.

Bozeman:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310359889094549/

Kalispell:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435458979998796/

Missoula:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/154837537894706/

And then Billings has a page for a local gaming hangout, where they play just about anything:
https://www.facebook.com/thegaminglounge1

Tony_, if you have problems traveling, I pass through Great Falls to get to any tournament in Montana. I'd be happy to give you a ride.
Dude that would be AMAZING and I would be forever grateful. When is the next tournament you are going to? I'll pitch in for gas, hotel and food too.

Top Bottom