• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monitor recommendations

TotallyToasted

Smash Rookie
Hi! I’m making plans to expand my school’s Smash Club into a general video game club, but I want it to be MASSIVE! I’m estimating that I’m going to need about 16 Monitors, so what models of monitors should I try purchasing? I want them to have relatively low input lag (1ms if we can afford it), decent picture quality and 60Hz, and most importantly for them to be low cost.

Thanks for reading my post and possibly answering my question!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
First, input lag is a complicated thing to measure. All advertised numbers are grey-to-grey pixel transition times, and totally irrelevant to your concerns. The good news is, most monitors have acceptable input lag these days.

Here is a screenshot of a spreadsheet I started about a month ago, with the intent on publishing an updated version closer to Ultimate's release.

smash_monitors_clip.PNG

TotallyToasted

Smash Rookie
First, input lag is a complicated thing to measure. All advertised numbers are grey-to-grey pixel transition times, and totally irrelevant to your concerns. The good news is, most monitors have acceptable input lag these days.

Here is a screenshot of a spreadsheet I started about a month ago, with the intent on publishing an updated version closer to Ultimate's release.

View attachment 158266
By any chance do you have the info on anything under the $100 range? I’m going to end up fundraising for these things, so I’m trying to keep the cost as low as possible but still have a lot of bang for my buck

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
By any chance do you have the info on anything under the $100 range? I’m going to end up fundraising for these things, so I’m trying to keep the cost as low as possible but still have a lot of bang for my buck
No. It's going to be very difficult to get a low-lag, flicker-free, IPS-based panel of any size for less than $100. Your only hope is to get a big sale, probably on top of a major compromise of your criteria.

Top Bottom