• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monitor input lag :(

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
It wasnt too long ago that I got into the competative scene in Smash 4. I have done a couple of tournaments and just recently at my last one, I dealt with a major issue that I believe cost me the two rounds that I lost and that is the noticable input lag I had to deal with on the monitors my opponents and I were using. When I am playing on my own TV, I almost never deal with input lag (that is unless my internet is bad haha) but now when I am at these tournaments, my performance and true potential is hindered because of some dumb last minute technical issues I face after weeks of hard work trying to prepare for the tournament. Is this something that any of you guys deal with at tournaments? Is it on a regular basis for any of you or is this just bad luck? Is there anything I can do to help prepare myself in case this happens again next time (like setting a certain configuration on my TV)?

ellord

Smash Apprentice
When I encounter a setup not tournament legit (large input lag, different scale), I tell a TO so I can play on a different setup, never had a problem out of region tournament. At my local we just move the setup to friendly use only. Also I usually bring my own setup. But on many tournament you'll have to deal with no or poor sound quality.

You can lower input lag of tv using game mode in tv setting, but I recommand you to get a monitor instead. They have better performance and no artifical "improvement" image quality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom