• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mona for SSBB

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Ashley's ridiculously large increase in popularity seems to only exist because of her theme song's presence. The Ashley thread didn't even get any replies until the day of that update. Had it been the Mona Pizza song updated instead, you can bet this thread would be just as large (if not larger) than Ashley's.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Ashley's ridiculously large increase in popularity seems to only exist because of her theme song's presence. The Ashley thread didn't even get any replies until the day of that update. Had it been the Mona Pizza song updated instead, you can bet this thread would be just as large (if not larger) than Ashley's.
I'd hope that was the case. Anyway, I really hope Mona at least gets her song or an item in brawl, if not herself. Maybe she and the other Wario Warers are part of Warios Final Smash? I'd be good with her being acknowledged in any way, thats how much I am a fan of her. And crud for my long-winded moveset being posted on the LAST post of a page :psycho:

vesperview

Smash Hero
How do you know that if you joined on October? Plus the Ashley thread is always on the first page, it doesn't matter she IS more popular at this point.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd hope that was the case. Anyway, I really hope Mona at least gets her song or an item in brawl, if not herself. Maybe she and the other Wario Warers are part of Warios Final Smash? I'd be good with her being acknowledged in any way, thats how much I am a fan of her. And crud for my long-winded moveset being posted on the LAST post of a page :psycho:
That would be a neat move but I doubt it'll happen.

Personally, I'd like to see Mona and Ashley in and maybe Captain Syrup.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Thanks for siccing the Ashley fans on this thread vesperview, very mature.

Okay, let's get a conversation going here. Why is Ashley so superior? Give reasons, explain your thoughts and reasoning. All I see here on the humble page nine is "Lol Mona sucks Ashley rules". Grow up.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Okay, let's get a conversation going here. Why is Ashley so superior? Give reasons, explain your thoughts and reasoning.

Honestly, my biggest reason for wanting Mona in is that I'd love a character who uses a guitar for a weapon. A guitar for a weapon is cooler than a magic wand for a weapon, in my humble opinion.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know that WarioWare really needs another rep, but I'd definitely prefer her to Ashley if there has to be one.

RWB

Smash Ace
Sorry for my companions bad behavior.

Well, Mona has more game relevance, and Ashley's got the bigger fanbase.

It's a toss up.

Ashley isn't superior, I just prefer her.

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
As cool as a second WarioWare character would be, I don't think any newcomers will have supplementary newcomers (except for, perhaps, a slight possibility of Tails).

EDIT: ...I might still use a Mona character support icon, if one already exists. :/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Honestly, my biggest reason for wanting Mona in is that I'd love a character who uses a guitar for a weapon. A guitar for a weapon is cooler than a magic wand for a weapon, in my humble opinion.
Yeah, a guitar-wielding heroine would be original. I think only Guily Gear is the only series that has done that so far. I think he final smash will be her doing a rock solo. If camera mode returns, I'm putting three of her and a Donkey Kong together to do God Knows.

Although, we do need a magic wand wielder as well.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Alright, since I'm pretty sick of all the attention Ashley is getting due to the bandwagon jumpers who suddenly started liking her after the music update, I feel I need to try to raise some Mona awareness. I know at this point, any character supporting is completely useless considering the game is at the end of development (and chances are Nintendo never listened to this forum in the first place anyway), but nevertheless, I want to at least try to win some Mona supporters. This is a long read. You've been warned so don't whine.

First of all, let's get right into what I think Mona's chances are: They're pretty good. Honestly.
If Wario gets a second rep, I am 99% confident it will be Mona (the only other WW developers with any chance are Jimmy T. and 9-volt). NOT ASHLEY.

Why not Ashley? Here's why: She was barely acknowledged whatsoever before her music update. Her fanbase outside of Japan is quite honestly not that big. Heck, this is the only SSB site where anyone seems to care about her. Furthermore, character suggestions were taken in mid 2006. Ashley had been in one game at the time. As of right now, she's only been in two. That's just simply not enough for Sakurai to prioritize her. There is no justification for her being in before the developers who have been there since the beginning. You might also say "well she's popular in Japan". Guess what; Nino is more popular than Eliwood in Japan (don't believe me? Look here http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html), but it doesn't take a genius to figure out Eliwood is about a million times more likely. Importance is a much bigger factor than popularity. Popularity only comes into play when characters are of about equal importance. Ashley with her 2 lousy appearances (by the way, having her song in Band Brothers is NOT an appearance) is clearly not more important than anyone other than Young Cricket. I bet that if the music update had been Mona Pizza instead of Ashley's theme, this thread would be a lot more popular. Then again, I'm kind of glad Mona doesn't have a bunch of fans who are just bandwagon jumpers.

Another thing you may question is the odds of Wario getting another character. I mean, his series is new to Smash. So what? It's still a huge series. Wario has 2 franchises under his belt, and the series collectively has over 10 games and it sells pretty well. It's very likely for Wario to get a companion. Wario alone does not do the series justice.

So, on to Mona and why she is the best choice and the most likely. I'm only present the facts here, by the way. I'll save my opinions for later in this post. Also, some of this is a reiteration of the first post. Let's begin:

She's Wario's pseudo love interest, and apparently has gone on adventures with him. Those alone gives her the strongest connection to Wario. Secondly, the makers of WarioWare obviously favour her. It's just a lot of little things, but nevertheless they try to give Mona the spotlight. For example, she's the only one to chase after Wario at the end of the first game. Also, from what I heard, in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$, she introduces the game's characters and is the only character besides Wario to have a 3D model (I don't have this game, so could someone please verify this? And if anyone has the 3D pic, could you post it?). She also got a role in Young Cricket's story in Smooth Moves.

Now, onto my opinions on why I personally feel she would make a great character, and an explanation of her appeal:

She's more "adorable" than Ashley for one thing.

She could add a great deal of diversity. Yes, you read that right. Mona would be very diverse. Unfortunately most people on this board consider diversity to be things as generic and broad as being a"magic user" or "using an axe" etcetera. But Mona would add diversity in a whole new way. She has so much going for her in terms of move set. Being the Jill-of-all-trades that she is, her possibilities are huge. Pizza deliverer, bassist, cheerleader, and clerk, all could be incorporated somehow. Someone a few pages back mentioned the possibility of costume changes for her moves, and I think that's a pretty cool idea.

Her design is awesome and totally original. Who else wears a red skirt and bikini top with a white fuzzy trench coat, big boots and goggles which she never uses? You have to love that.

She's easily recognizable as being a Wario character. By this I mean that she really represents the wackiness of the WarioWare series well and even people who aren't familiar with the series would easily figure out she's associated with Wario just by looking at her. Wario and her just fit so well together (and I don't mean that in a "shipper" sense...or do I?).

I might think of some more stuff to say later, but I wanted to get that off my chest. Mona is a truly unappreciated character whose odds are far better than people think. Thanks for reading, assuming you didn't skip to the end.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Mona doesn't even get PC. Any of the Wario Ware characters will make great ATs. I think a Mona fan would be happy enough for a Mona AT. Though I would have to wonder, it would be a little weird seeing them in the 3D form instead of that 2D form they're mostly in (Not counting the Mona Pizza video).

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. Had To. Thread needs to stay up.
Topic: Mona's Special Moves

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Ha! Ashley, Jimmy T. and 9-Volt are all out of the running, given the same fate as 90% of the Animal Crossing cast. Mona is still possible. All I can hope is she doesn't get AT'd. Of course, even if she does I can take comfort in the fact that she got a better deal than those other 3.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well, I just now became a Mona supporter. With Ashley and 9-Volt out, I guess Mona's the only choose left besides Orbulon and Kat & Ana. =/

§leepy God

Smash Master
Well, I just now became a Mona supporter. With Ashley and 9-Volt out, I guess Mona's the only choose left besides Orbulon and Kat & Ana. =/
Groupy. jk :p

I apolgize for some of our supporters that acted like azz's, (I know I'm late). Since I'm not a fan of Mona, I won't be shouting out for her, but I'm not saying she won't be good in her games.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, I've never even played any of the WarioWare games. Still, I do like Mona's design and from what I've read about her, she sounds like she has potential as a Brawl characters. As a supporter of having more female characters, I'm now proud to say Mona is my fifth most wanted newcomer. I'm well aware that Mona's chances aren't great, but I think everyone has a certain character who they know probably won't make it, but will still continue supporting that character until they hear the official word.

RWB

Smash Ace
With Ashley out for the count, I hope Mona is in.

I'm one of those guys that can take deconfirmation without whining.

And no, I'm not one of the people who jumped on the bandwagon. I've been an Ashley fan since I first played Touched.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
With Ashley out for the count, I hope Mona is in.

I'm one of those guys that can take deconfirmation without whining.

And no, I'm not one of the people who jumped on the bandwagon. I've been an Ashley fan since I first played Touched.
I'm with you on that. But if Lip and Micaiah was gone, I would just die, becasue they are my two top and first supporters before any character that I want in Brawl. Mona is the only best choice that didn't die on us yet.

<3 Mona :D

Can't say much else cept I loved that part of Warioware.

-Onyx
Her work alt or her cheerleading alt. XD

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Well our competition for playable characters is less and 9-volt, Jimmy, and Ashley are de-confirmed.

I'm thinking that they didn't show Mona for a reason :>

But it'd help to understand what context we see the characters in this level.

Top Bottom