• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modulous: A new Smash modding website (Looking for early adopters)

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I tried turning adblock off, but ALL the ads are blocked by my school, causing your website to look like this:

PLEASE don't disable everything, just because it appears Ads are blocked; not everyone intentionally blocks them, often, corporate networks do it too as part of the user agreement. (Well, I do, but I disabled my ad-block for this one, only for my school to block them instead!) So PLEASE fix this for us school students!

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Could you PLEASE not make evrything text-based just because I'm using ad-block; I tried turning it off, but ALL the ads are blocked by my school, causing your website to trigger the bad mode! :(
The site should look the same except with a red thing.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I edited my post BTW... :D Too slow obviously. Anyway, it looks like the shot above... where do you host your scripts? maybe my school's blocking that.. :(

Also, Javascript is definitely enabled, so it isn't that.

EDIT: Just checked all the links referenced by your page (I used F12 to do that. ;)) and it seems nothing's blocked; what the hell could be doing it on my end?!

May try IE next. (Both firefox and Chrome won't load it correctly!) BTW, clever naming of some of the script functions... :D

EDIT2: IE didn't work... :(

EDIT3: Checked the network diagnostics in my F12 panel, and it is indeed my spastic school blocker having serious issues categorizing your website's resources! (I am imagining all the failed entries causing your web to look like sh*t on my end are caused by my school blocking it as "uncategorized")

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Ok, fully confirming its that half your website's resources (it appears that way anyway!) are blocked as uncategorized by my school! Would it be possible to host your scripts on google drive or something? (My school works with that fine)

EDIT: although this is entirely up to you... it probably isn't a good idea to include crude words in your script asset names; that practically guarantees a school blocking it as something else!

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Ok, fully confirming its that half your website's resources (it appears that way anyway!) are blocked as uncategorized by my school! Would it be possible to host your scripts on google drive or something? (My school works with that fine)

EDIT: although this is entirely up to you... it probably isn't a good idea to include crude words in your script asset names; that practically guarantees a school blocking it as something else!
Modulous.net/static

It's not my fault that your school blocks my site, I won't change the site just to circumvent blocks.

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, all the issues from yesterday aside... :D At some point, if I have a decent mod ready (I just started a stage mod not too long ago) I will head here. :)

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
I have now added a feedback option in the footer of the site.

I have now added a feedback option in the footer of the site.

And I have published the source code, you can now help make modulous better if you want: https://github.com/ModulousSmash/Modulous

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Today is a very important day, if you navigate to sf.modulous.net, you will see that modulous now supports ultra street fighter iv and street fighter x tekken, but don't worry, the main site is still located at modulous.net, just the home site has been changed to modulous.net/home, I know this is not smash related, but I just wanted to let you guys know that the street fighter site works indepdently from the smash site, and will not affect it in any way.

cheers

Xiro

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but if I wanted to attempt modding Brawl's CPUs, how would I go about doing this? What source code and files would I need? I know it's been done for PM in the past. Any help is appreciated.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
I've been busy with ShrekLadder, but I plan to work on adding categories tomorrow.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I have been done a few things, I am going to do something big, instead of adding categories.

I'm going to do a total rewrite of the site, I will probably not touch the design, but i'm going to majorly rework pretty much everything in the site's code.

What the site's complete rewrite means for you:
-Better category system
-Proper implementation of tagging
-Multiple screenshots
-Comments integrated in the site
-Multiple variations of the mod, like in nexus
-New reporting system
-(potential) Integration with the forums, you won't need to create a new account in the forums.
-Multi-series support (aka the streetfighter and smash site will be one, again, sharing accounts)

There's only one drawback, since i'm going to change the password encryption, you are going to need to re-enter your password, I hope this is not a big issue, since it takes 10 seconds at most and is for the good.

The migration will take a few hours once the code is completely finished, but as I said, it's for the greater good.

I will probably setup a stream while I do this.

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
For anyone that's wondering, yes, i'm going set the mods categories manually by myself.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, it's been a few months, I have been very busy with my very own game, but I'm still working on the site!

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Update is hitting live soon, so there will be a small downtime.

Server is going to be slow until a backup is complete and then the downtime.

Last edited:

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Wish more people would adopt this site seeing as it doesn't go down every 5 minutes Kappa.

Professor Clutch

Smash Rookie
i try to register. it says that i already used my email, so when i try forgotten password it sends me to error 500. and clicking on contact support leads me to nowhere. help?

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
i try to register. it says that i already used my email, so when i try forgotten password it sends me to error 500. and clicking on contact support leads me to nowhere. help?
I know why this is, and i'm going to work on it, it might take a few hours, but what is wrong is known.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
The service has now been restored and everything is fine.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
I just fixed something that made me incredibly uncomfortable, the site does not call Project: M ProjectM anymore!

Oh and you can also search by game, I added Smash 4 support too.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this looks really promising!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but can we upload hacks that came from another website? So we can all have them in one place? IDK if the mod creators would be OK with someone else uploading their stuff though.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this looks really promising!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but can we upload hacks that came from another website? So we can all have them in one place? IDK if the mod creators would be OK with someone else uploading their stuff though.
Unless that content has been released under a permissive license you can't.

Medix

Smash Rookie
Modulous Next is now live, I'm going to be explaining stuff in detail tomorrow.

http://modulous.net/
What did you do!! I loved this site and you ruined it with "Modulous New." The site is unusable now. I'm saying this here because the support button on modulous.net, doesn't work. Please, this site was sick, you ruined it! The layout is ugly and minimalist, the screen feels smaller because everything is so packed together; I understand that that was your approach but it doesn't look good, when things have a top header and a side bar, everything feels so boxed in. There's no color or life, the thumbnails for mods are so small and packed together that it removes all of the color from the screen. Look at the original site, colorful purple header, spacey background, all of the thumbnails are laid out and big enough that they make the overall page colorful. Now look this at this new update, boring black header, cramped design, two boring colors of blue and black, the picture at the top is just a black box, so the only thing I can assume is that you messed up with the websites source code, it's just really really ****ty. things are hard to find, all of the links to different things are in some small insignificant crevice of the page. links like "VoiP," "Chat," and "Support" Don't work at all. There's no place where all mods for all games are featured in one place and that wouldn't even really interest me much now due to the inclusion of Street Fighter. Look, I love Street Fighter but Modulous was always for Smash Bros! I can't even login. The login button does not work. You've disappointed me. Get your **** together.

At this point I'd honestly rather use Brawl Vault

Last edited:

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
What did you do!! I loved this site and you ruined it with "Modulous New." The site is unusable now. I'm saying this here because the support button on modulous.net, doesn't work. Please, this site was sick, you ruined it! The layout is ugly and minimalist, the screen feels smaller because everything is so packed together; I understand that that was your approach but it doesn't look good, when things have a top header and a side bar, everything feels so boxed in. There's no color or life, the thumbnails for mods are so small and packed together that it removes all of the color from the screen. Look at the original site, colorful purple header, spacey background, all of the thumbnails are laid out and big enough that they make the overall page colorful. Now look this at this new update, boring black header, cramped design, two boring colors of blue and black, the picture at the top is just a black box, so the only thing I can assume is that you messed up with the websites source code, it's just really really ****ty. things are hard to find, all of the links to different things are in some small insignificant crevice of the page. links like "VoiP," "Chat," and "Support" Don't work at all. There's no place where all mods for all games are featured in one place and that wouldn't even really interest me much now due to the inclusion of Street Fighter. Look, I love Street Fighter but Modulous was always for Smash Bros! I can't even login. The login button does not work. You've disappointed me. Get your **** together.

At this point I'd honestly rather use Brawl Vault
What browser are you using so that the login button does not work?

You could report this bug in a civil way instead of doing angry rants, it would be beneficial to all of us.

And yes, I encourage you to use BrawlVault.

Last edited:

Medix

Smash Rookie
What browser are you using so that the login button does not work?

You could report this bug in a civil way instead of doing angry rants, it would be beneficial to all of us.

And yes, I encourage you to use BrawlVault.
Thank you for the response, I apologize for my unprofessional report, but I was very passionate about seeing this site take off, and I was disappointed. Okay, for an actual bug report, looking at the site now, it seems the "Voip" button has been removed, and the chat button is working now, and it takes me to the discord channel for the website, before it gave me a 404 error page. For the login page, when I press the login button all it does is add a hashtag on the end of the url. When I press is on the homepage it changes the url to modulous.net#, but I discovered that when I manually put modulous.net/login into the url box it takes me to the login page. I also see you got the support button working too, if it was my message that motivated you to do so then I thoroughly thank you for hearing me out on my pissy rant. I still dislike the layout of the website, but this is good enough for me for now, now that it functions properly.

EIREXE

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the response, I apologize for my unprofessional report, but I was very passionate about seeing this site take off, and I was disappointed. Okay, for an actual bug report, looking at the site now, it seems the "Voip" button has been removed, and the chat button is working now, and it takes me to the discord channel for the website, before it gave me a 404 error page. For the login page, when I press the login button all it does is add a hashtag on the end of the url. When I press is on the homepage it changes the url to modulous.net#, but I discovered that when I manually put modulous.net/login into the url box it takes me to the login page. I also see you got the support button working too, if it was my message that motivated you to do so then I thoroughly thank you for hearing me out on my pissy rant. I still dislike the layout of the website, but this is good enough for me for now, now that it functions properly.
What browser are you using?

Top Bottom