• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mods please close this thread

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
I've only seen 1.3

It's good but I see more of an aggressive technical fight than metagaming. Here's a bit of a play-by-play: Start of the match, are you trying to perfect guard? Why not just pull out your mirror shield?

A bit after that, it looks like all you're doing is trying to land short-hopped bairs. You miss twice in a row because you did it at the peak of your jump and you were too high. You left yourself open needlessly. My generic response: wait for him to drop his guard, punish with forward smash. You dropped your guard lots there.

The ledge-hop nair. I wouldn't do it, myself, but whatever. A well-timed and spaced opponent can easily nail you while you ledge-hop nair since the nair requires you to pretty much touch your opponent with the weak attack.

Remember that you can use your glide to go for a snap ledgegrab. Dive and then use upwards momentum so he can't take potshots at you since you're below ground level.

Personally, I never go for Dairs on the way back down. If Azen had used an Uair, it would have not been pretty. Characters with good Fairs and whatnot (DiK, Marth, MK, Squirtle, Olimar) will usually out-prioritize you. It's always a better angle to be from below as well because of the falling rate.

From what I saw, I see a Pit player that likes to throw around his smashes and aerials (not that bad) a lot and shield like any normal player. No reactive style and/or spot-dodging/dodge-and-punish technique except a standard smash-attack after shielding enemy's failed attack. Aggressive edge-guard game and generally aggressive overall.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
please move this response to the other thread and i'll move mine to the other one also. Keep in mind this was a WIFI match so things like aiming arrows and spot dodging is hard. With wifi it adds like a half second delay so its harder to play more reactive, and focuses more on a proactive style.

The glide attack has really good vertical knockback so I tend to try to hit opponents with it, or if they try to attack i'll just goto a dif part of the stage and just glide cancel. I mean why not? theres no landing lag.

dair has more range than pits uair. Therefor it has more priority when spaced right. I dont use it vs other chars too much, mainly pit, mk and gw.

I'll upload nonwifi matches as soon as i can get them recorded if that will help you see what i mean.

Yes the ledge hop nair was a mistake, I meant to just jump then nair because it has no ending lag, only landing lag. Back air has no landing lag and fairly decent range and knockback, making it a good approach in a pit ditto. vs other characters i often arrow to forward tilt instead. And the back airs you were talking about hit all the way down and if the opponent was close enough i would foward smash right out of it.

Top Bottom