• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

I'm kind of poor so ill have to downgrade from gahtlike pizza and avocado slices to stuff like little caesars hehehe. jk I can probably save up money for some good stuff again since it's something I only do once a year

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
never said this about su before

but su would body rj for sure

edit:

BRAWL tournament this november 30th

anyone wanna come with?

WAR TORN FRONT in manteca, ca

1st place gets a $100 cash prize, pretty nice incentive for a local

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that is actually a hella good incentive. i'm down to go just to chill out, i could try entering but it's been forever since i've actually played brawl LOL

i could take my bite at the top 3, i bet other people will show up that actually know how to play the game...gotta try that ike/kirby tho

shoutouts to rj's roy, pokemon@wendy's, and da RAEG

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if there's teams we should definitely team lol. i'm sure your melee kirby skills would translate just fine to brawl... as long as you keep the mindset of "space and never take a risk" LOL

and yeah it's one hell of an incentive. i really want to win it, i believe that i can.

the manteca crew has at least 5 guys who know how to play haha, and 3 of them gave me a hard time in the past.

whenever they came to my house though i just rolled them with multiple characters lol. but since they were young, they always brought the heat in tournament

kirbyraeg gettin off.

im willing to give up FREE PRIZE MONEY from kriers to go to this if i can go with someone else. SlayerS_YuGiOh right here. I haven't played brawl...since the last time we played it in my house last year? Something like that.

All I gotta do is pick meta knight and pretend I'm Roy.

Are you guys going to be around for thanksgiving? I might be able to have a smashfest over since my parents won't be home. (I have to stay for some school stuff). We can play some melee or brawl

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he's definitely mad gahlike

mega gengar..

so underwhelming

however

i feel like he belongs on tricky teams, rather than standard ones. like ones that abuse trick, prankster, screens, memento, status, etc.

wat mega gengar's like the best mega that's allowed. Smogon's already thinking about banning it because it can run so many solid sets and it 2hkos a lot of walls which is gahtlike. Most walls right now are physically defensive though. You have to be tricky with it I guess, save it for the late game or use it to bait the scizor. A lot of times I just bait the scizor late game and let the gengar die. In goes something that resists steel or dark and I set up for the late game sweep

Sludge Bomb + Shadow Ball is really good now that steel doesn't resist ghost and poison is SE against fairy (lol what). Last week at Kriers I ran will-o-wisp hehehe nice scizor switch in you got there. There's also substitute and like a billion special moves you can run on him.

I wanna try out mega kangaskhan though, seems so gahtlike. Have you tried out greninja Andre?Smogon's been hyping him up

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah yeah, i didn't think of sludge bomb + shadow ball that way... still adjusting from gen 5, wow. hahaha. i was using thunderbolt like an idiot

anyway, now i am running sub/perish song/destiny bond/shadow ball, which guarantees me a lot of 2 for 1 trades. so i'm using him as kind of a wall breaking, hole-poking utility

unfortunately pokes like kangaskhan can take out 3 or 4 pokemon before he goes down... makes me wanna put skarm on every team -_-

lmfao kangaskhan is so ****ing busted holy ****. Sad part is, it outspeeds lucario since he doesnt get the speed boost until after he mega evolves. smogon is using rocky helm garchomp to kill kangaskhan since he loses something like 83% hp with rough skin + rocky helm. (if it uses Double Edge) That's hilarious since garchomps like the only thing that outspeeds it that doesn't get ohko'ed back.

dayum time to start breeding for kangaskhan in the real game. He's in monster egg group, living up to the egg group name. ez breeding half the dragons and ttar is in that group

lol...im seeing mega kangaskhan rip people a new one...in UBERS. SE sucker punch hurts and return hits for like 60% on any uber that doesnt resist it (um what)

That's it, I'm going to scrap my gengar for this guy.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it has two hard counters in defensive trevenant and gourgeist

but like

that's it

and my kangaskhan with BITE got at them (lol)

Isn't crunch better? I saw the ubers moveset use crunch. 31% chance to lower defense which means it pretty much 2HKOs defensive walls lol.

I thought both of those were gimmicky until I saw what harvest trevenant could do...lol. Good typing and semi gimmicky movesets, but I approve cause that's all you need in some teams. Oh yeah you could just not mega evolve if they still have both of those alive and hit them with scrappy. I see a lot of people hold up on mega evolving or doing some mind games with it when there's ghosts involved. Aegislash bodies kangaskhan though which is nice

kangaskhan def a big meta changer right now and there's so many mindgames with it too. All these options AH, at least there's some skill involved which is always good

Edit: smogon already doing preliminary ban stuff for mega gengar, lmfao too good

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah so far from my experience, kanga is affecting games way more than gengar. still, both are mad godlike lol

right now, the most solid pokemon in gen 6 that fit on all teams and give me wins are Skarmory and Slowbro. they both have trouble with rotom-w there are many different ways to fight that thing, so it's not a big deal.

skarm is better against most kinds of phys sweepers, slowbro is stronger vs talon, dragons, and ferro.

right now i can't think of any offensive threats that are SUPER consistent. perhaps talon, kanga, gengar, aegis... but all those can be stopped by specific defensive strategies. but i think that just goes to show gamefreak did a great job in balancing offense. that said, i wonder what ubers is like right now...

i can't emphasize how much i'm liking slowbro right now. stops talonflame, garchomp, excadrill in their tracks. OUTSPEEDS AND OHKO'S FERROTHORN (lmao! look who's slow now!) he gets free thunder waves and regenerator recovery for when you don't want to fight. i'm using a balanced slowbro right now with both offense and defense:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Modest (MODESTO-BRO)
Regenerator
EV's: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128+ SpA
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

excellent coverage, bulk, and utility. doesn't mind toxic/burn/hazards because of his ability. this guy does everything right.

ima copy paste this in the pokemon thread haha

tournament ready

Smash Rookie
MODESTO come through!!!! (MANTECA CA) NOVEMBER 30TTH

BRAWL IS ALL!!
-TOURNAMENT-
Get ready to smash your way to the top:
work your way up the ladder with an ally or solo, in a singles
plus doubles event... 1st - 2nd and 3rd place winner will not
leave empty handed...
play hard and win big!!
Were hoping to give out 100$ cash to the first place winner.

Oh god, I feel so guilty after giving kangaskhan a test run. Turns around games where im losing :/

Here's the team I've been working on:
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Brick Break

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

All those pivots and kangaskhan to clean up the last of their team

Are we going to practice sometime before saturday next week? Is your house open on friday Andre? I could have a couple people over if it's not open sometime next week for some brawl practice.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea i haven't touched brawl in a year

adaias if they have doubles let's win. LOL

double meta? or gw/meta?

Yeah sure. G&W is bootypoppin in doubles can't PUNISH THOSE SMASHES. Double meta is also good but depends on other teams.

edit: why do people run SD aegislash...mixed is so much better lol. Lucario is way better at SD + Priority strategies

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah i think we can destroy the competition with gw+meta

but there is ONE PLAYER who is very fearsome. his name is NWA and plays ness. he will most likely be there and he's the main guy i would be afraid of. the other guys are pretty good too though

given, i haven't played any of them in like 2-3 years... so we'll see how this goes. fun to be excited for a tournament again, even if it's just a brawl local

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
dang. i wanted free teams money. guess i'll just have to enter as kirby hand and RAEG hand: 2hands1team

i'm definitely going to check it out but i'm not sure whether i'd be down to enter or not. i'm pretty trash at games that take thinking

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just play friendlies before it starts and see how u fare maybe. lol

o yea spenser i said i'd team with u huh

but adaias is better at brawl hehe

for MELEE team tho i'd team with u in a heartbeat. those kirby "solid gimmicks"

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
ya i prolly wouldn't want to enter brawl teams :p

I'M GONNA DO THOSE FRIENDLIES THOUGH. GOTTA PROVE IKE IS AWESOME or play kirby

i got the ness match-up down ez, I played that match-up more than anything outside of MK vs. MK LOL GREAT GAME A+ WOULD PLAY AGAIN

yo spenser you can enter teams by yourself. just pick two meta knights and mash that B button

I can do it too. I'll have one mashing B and another saying taunting "***"

Top Bottom