• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ModestoLand

Archaides

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, not sure how this works... But I live in Turlock and I'd be willing to attend some Modesto tourneys or just play with some local people. I'm looking to get better all the time - Can we get something set up, or is it not that easy?

(By the way, if you are not opposed to Turlock then my house could be available for a tournament!)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow turlock eh? macd's roots haha

at the moment there are not really any active players in modesto... a couple players in ripon, but not tournament active. there are also some dudes in merced, but idk if they live there during the summer.

the central valley is very dry smash-wise haha... but i'm sure if you exchange phone numbers with some people around here, you'd be able to get some games in

nick (GK Infinity) and keith (Sage Osaka) are probably the best guys to get in contact with around here. adaias (Suuwo) also might be down but idk since he doesnt play smash a lot. he also has a weird attitude and opinions about the game haha!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
he also has a weird attitude and opinions about the game haha!
don't let your personal opinions bleed through.
let him judge adidas for himself. lol

p.s. i started playing melee again here and there. i'm getting pretty good.
.. against lvl 1's

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'll be impressed once you defeat the terror that is the level 4 that andre lost to

and the good ol days of turlock, hopefully i won't have to go back there until thanksgiving/g-ma's 90th

how do you end up in turlock of all places?

I'm usually too busy winning yugioh tournaments with brawl triforce tier decks to play smash hehehehe. I haven't played smash in a year. Melee's hard to get good at or more like it's hard to get get practice in since I dont have melee.

I wanna play some ganon bizzarro style

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i just got home from a party last night that i had with some friends to watch EVO

incredible stuff

evo was sooooooooooo hype

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
rofl

best peach in the world can't do a blanka ball

it's okay though

just play like chocoblanka and spam electricity!!!

Newguyoo0

Smash Cadet
When I stop dropping my combos, then I'll reach the rank of fabled...or I could use a Fabled deck in yugioh.

Newguyoo0

Smash Cadet
Yep that's me, Newguyoo0: The Eternal Understudy. Always the Student, Never the Teacher. Eat your heart out Weegi.

Maybe the next time there's a Smash tourney I'll enter. It's been a while since I've played anyway, ever since my niece broke my copy of Melee and sold her Wii.

But if anyone here plays SF, KoF, or MvC and has a 360, give me your GT and I'll add you.

My GT is Apex004.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i guess i might not have told you i sold my 360 a while back.

kof looks legit, man.

Newguyoo0

Smash Cadet
That explains why you haven't been on in a million years.

KoF is freakin' awesome. Problem is you kind of need someone to fight. You can't get by fighting just the CPU, at least for XIII. KOF 98 & 02 you can at least set up a handicap for the CPU. And ever since I beat Peter 15-0 he doesn't want to fight me anymore.

Man, I love King of Fighers.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you might be the next king of fighters.

i've seen a couple of videos of fighting games once in a while.
even when i don't know how the game works (usually don't), it's still entertaining to see high level competition when there's decent commentary.

Top Bottom