• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modern Day Cartoon Shows...

Laijin

Smash Hero
..are dumb.
I don't really watch TV, but everytime I watch a cartoon its usually pretty dumb. I saw an episode of the new Yu-Gi-Oh series and holy**** wtf.

For those of you who have not seen it:
They play Yu-Gi-Oh normally, BUT HERES THE CATCH! Their riding motorcycles AT THE SAME TIME. Why? I have no ****ing clue. It seems really dumb and pointless.

Discuss. Whats your opinion on cartoons these days?

Player-1

Smash Legend
My cousins watch the 5d stuff a lot when I visited them in FL. Throughout the whole thing, I was like "...What The ****...."

Zip.

Smash Lord
lol rayku and albino

but yeah they are getting ridiculous these days..

DFEAR

Smash Hero
pfft bikes. they better step up a notch!

first was the dueling hologram ground thing, then dueling disks, bikes, then what o.o?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Laijin, this happens sometimes.

I never see you online
then like a week passes
and then one day there are like 5 threads started by you

all new cartoons pretty much suck.

I'm gonna download and watch Reboot **** ya'll xD

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
cras-HICK is just mad because he's into terrible new shows that look like a child molester made them

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
You know, I keep hearing people say things like "yeah all dat new stuff sucks but FLAPJACK dat **** is off the-"
...etc

I watched a couple of episodes in fulsome and I really got nothing out of it except for the feeling that I am being annoyed. The show reminds me of Sponegbob, who's popularity is beyond me. Both shows give me nothing but a headache. But I don't really watch TV anymore so it doesn't really matter.

and Chowder.
don't get me started. EverlastingYay hates that show more than anyone though if I recall hahaha

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The show reminds me of Sponegbob, who's popularity is beyond me.
:O

What could be worse than a giant pain bubble!
I know! *blows pain bubble* Two giant pain bubbles! *bubbles combined.
Patrick, I don't think this bubble can get any bigger.
NONSENSE!!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Take off the nostalgia goggles, bro. Just as much crap came out when we were kids as they do now. You know what's happening? The kids eat that stuff, as we did when we were little.

I mean, just look at the cartoons based off of a popular video game. Most, if not all, are terrible. You can't honestly go back and watch what you did as a kid with the same enjoyment as you did then.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Take off the nostalgia goggles, bro. Just as much crap came out when we were kids as they do now. You know what's happening? The kids eat that stuff, as we did when we were little.

I mean, just look at the cartoons based off of a popular video game. Most, if not all, are terrible. You can't honestly go back and watch what you did as a kid with the same enjoyment as you did then.
im watching All That and Kablam! and im still laughing :{D

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I mean, I don't know what to tell you. Things hit it off nicely, and some fall apart. Who remembers Big Bad Beetleborgs?

I mean, same thing can be applied everywhere. I'm a classic gamer, and I enjoy MUCH of the old stuff. Now people claim that less of that crap came out back then, but that's not the case. It was the age. There was still games like Awesome Possum, Superman 64, the Terminator series, and a ton more.

I mean, you get what I'm saying, right?

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master

when I was little I knew that Mega Man cartoon sucked *** and I didn't like it. And Street Fighter. And Mortal Kombat.

There has always been crap. but nowadays, there are less things that seem to make any form of media worth it. crap has become the best seller. For Literature there is the abomination of Twilight. for music there is all pop, pop rock, pop rap. Movies aren't in as bad a state as everything else, though. at least I think so.

And for video games... After Metroid Prime 1 I believe, there isn't a game that came out and went on my top 10, maybe top 20. There can still be good and enjoyable games made, but where is the game that hits us like Ocarina of Time did? those times appear to be gone...

I suppose it's just different opinions like everything else. I try to see media not only as entertainment but as an outlet for art... but most people tend to disagree with me, even if they do not realize it.

sorry for ranting so much

GA Peach

Smash Lord
when I was little I knew that Mega Man cartoon sucked *** and I didn't like it. And Street Fighter. And Mortal Kombat.

There has always been crap. but nowadays, there are less things that seem to make any form of media worth it. crap has become the best seller. For Literature there is the abomination of Twilight. for music there is all pop, pop rock, pop rap. Movies aren't in as bad a state as everything else, though. at least I think so.

And for video games... After Metroid Prime 1 I believe, there isn't a game that came out and went on my top 10, maybe top 20. There can still be good and enjoyable games made, but where is the game that hits us like Ocarina of Time did? those times appear to be gone...

I suppose it's just different opinions like everything else. I try to see media not only as entertainment but as an outlet for art... but most people tend to disagree with me, even if they do not realize it.

sorry for ranting so much
i dunno. for me, Metroid Prime and Ocarina of Time are overrated games. good, but overrated. lol, i know that's blasphemy on SWF. but yeah, i agree with you, man. the bar has been set even lower than it ever has been before.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The only two "new" cartoons that I enjoy watching are Total Drama Island/Action and Phineas & Furb. =/

:069:

Top Bottom