• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moderators, get on your job

Status
Not open for further replies.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Desticky that topic why is it stickied
its content is unoriginal and its structure and syntax is ridiculous,
why would you want to expose newbies to ike to that kind of visual ****
I suggest you get your mod rears in gear and handle what you were given the power for!

psg188

Smash Rookie
Elliot's guide should be the stickied thread here. What's with that lame 'guild' being stickied?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
its not a guild thats stickied whats wrong with my guide, tell me so i can improve it

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
I was kind of hoping they would sticky a guide that was in English. Oh well.

psg188

Smash Rookie
Oh right I just saw the B4B something or other. Elliot's guide is better, it should be the stickied one easily. His doesn't, as was so eloquently put, **** my eyes.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
oh well, i did it from my wii and it gets pretty hard, i can barely edit it b/c its so much text. but this weekend i'am going to correct the guide, change everything around and organize it.

btw why would'nt the mod sticky elliots if it was better?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
as far as content goes, yours has more content but the amount of superfluous or flat-out incorrect information offsets that positive greatly

yours was sticked...
probably cause yours has pictures
and/or the mod is ********. i wouldn't put it past whichever poor souls they coerced into moderating anything under Super Smash Bros. Brawl
to be completely ********, i mean.

psg188

Smash Rookie
Nothing against the staff, but that's probably what it was. They don't play Ike necessarily so don't know which is the quality guide. Elliot's is obviously better.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
to anyone confused, this topic is the other guide that they are talking about.

The one that is stickied is an absolute anomaly at smashboards. Most of the character specific guides are well organized, structured, and actually make sense. The guide that is stickied in these Ike boards is a mess. A guide can't just be informative, it has to be organized in a manner so that new players can learn as quickly as possible. We want to be user friendly, and inspire the question, "Why don't I play this character?" instead of "Why am I trying to read this?"

The stickied guide has pictures, but I'm sure BearsAreScary's guide could incorporate them in a much neater manner. I don't have anything to do with him, so this isn't jealousy. This is straight up talk, men.

Edit: Although I do recommend that you change the title of this topic. I don't think this has anything to do with the moderators not doing their job. They do a pretty good job of keeping these boards running considering how much idiocy runs through here. So change it to something that actually represents the problem -- a more organized guide is being looked over in favor of a different one.

And there's no reason why they can't both be stickied.

Second Edit: There is even a third guide that is better than the stickied one, in my humble opinion. It is this one.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I thank you for your compliments on my guide, Tom, and I would be honored with suggestions for improving its syntax and content. ^^

If anyone would like it stickied, I would be honored by that as well; but I'm not going to fight for a sticky or anything. I'm just trying to make a guide that is easy to understand and comprehensive.

comboking

Smash Master
brawl is not out yet so they do not want to sticky it

Thats just by take at it im probaly not right

Torchik

Smash Ace
...wow you guys...no mercy. >_> I mean, calling the mods ******** and insulting Roith...ama(m/t) you need to calm down. First of all, the mods are doing more than you. Second of all, I wouldn't be insulting Roith's guide, you haven't even made one. At least he made an attempt. I do agree that it could use some editing, but you don't have to flame him...or the mods.

slev

Smash Rookie
Torchiks right. And I actually liked the guide. Does it really matter if it was stickied?
Yes, it does. I almost flat out left the Ike boards when the first thing I saw was that guide written in thirteen year old AOL speak. I don't want to be too mean here, but from what I understand the guy who wrote that guide doesn't even own the game. It's ridiculous.

Torchik

Smash Ace
If you do your research, it doesn't matter if you own the game or not. Once again, I agree it could use some editing. It would have been a shame if you left...(you can take that however you want...>_>)

Kirk

Smash Champion
I for one own the game, and was thinking about writing up an in-depth guide to my own all things Ike. I've been playing since a few days after JP release and have been playing almost exclusively Ike, examining him on what he can do and demonstrating his abilities to others as shown in the videos I have made. So far I've been commenting on bits and pieces and answering questions of the board users here and else where, and I wanted to try and put that all in one place.

What do you guys think? I'd love to spend the time to write up a nice guide, but I'd like to know if that is something people want first.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Hey Kirk, would you like to collaborate with the Deus de Animus guide? I mean, if you contribute a lot I'm not going to claim it for myself or anything. And we both own the game, unlike most of the guides out there. As far as I know, only mine and Elliot's were written by game owners/players.

You could write all the information you wanted to put and we can merge everything together.

If not, that's fine too, but there're already a lot of guides.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hey Kirk, would you like to collaborate with the Deus de Animus guide? I mean, if you contribute a lot I'm not going to claim it for myself or anything. And we both own the game, unlike most of the guides out there. As far as I know, only mine and Elliot's were written by game owners/players.

You could write all the information you wanted to put and we can merge everything together.

If not, that's fine too, but there're already a lot of guides.
Yeah that's one of the things i was worried about lol. There are a lot of other guides...but that's why i decided to ask first :p

And I'm unsure how a merged guide would look...idk to me it would be a little iffy, i can't really explain what i mean atm :/ ...but it's a possibility i suppose ^^

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i personally support the idea of kirk's guide
i don't think zaladriel can contribute anything you need tbqh

Torchik

Smash Ace
My gosh, ama, do you always have to make some mean comment?! I know it's your opinion, but it seems you're ALWAYS putting someone down! It's annoying!

Kirk, do whatever you feel is best. ^_^

Kirk

Smash Champion
It may only be 4 people...but I feel there is enough interest in this.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll try and start on it soon :D

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i'm just telling the truth
at least i don't have to assert my masculinity by putting that i'm a guy in my sig
i can't tell you're a guy by your post content--the gratituous use of the horizontal smilies and blatantly feminine posting style are pretty confusing to me
so, truth. my deck of playing cards

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
It may only be 4 people...but I feel there is enough interest in this.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll try and start on it soon :D
If you include the GRAND VIPER in your guide (I've seen you use it a bunch of times, anyway), I support your guide for sticky 100%.

You are not only pretty good at the game (which I have confirmed since I know you HAVE Brawl and played you over wifi, unlike some people who write Ike guides/form guilds), but you are also quite literate. I believe these are the requirements for writing a character guide, so I say go for it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
If you include the GRAND VIPER in your guide (I've seen you use it a bunch of times, anyway), I support your guide for sticky 100%.

You are not only pretty good at the game (which I have confirmed since I know you HAVE Brawl and played you over wifi, unlike some people who write Ike guides/form guilds), but you are also quite literate. I believe these are the requirements for writing a character guide, so I say go for it.
More blessings :D

Lol Grand Viper...I was using it before I even heard of the term...though I must say that's the last name I would have thought hehe :p I always thought I was inventing my own techniques while playing with Ike...only to find out people were already doing the same things! Great minds think alike, eh?

I still can't get used to the wifi >.> (still think i could have done better, but they were good matches nonetheless :p ) but thank you for the compliments.

I'll try and get started on it tomorrow sometime...but for now I have to study and such :/

Thanks again.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I actually got used to the Wifi lag pretty quick, I didn't have much problem with it.

Perhaps Kirk, Elliot, and myself have Ike battles this weekend? Dunno who else has the game, but they should play too. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom