• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modding the menu

billybillyjim

Smash Rookie
Hi.

I've been figuring out texture modding and with the help of DTW it's really simple to do most of the things I want to do. I am also interested in modding the menu, however, and am running into some harder things to mod. In the main menu, most of the screen is drawn with textures, but I'm not sure about the cursor/selection thing/whatever you call it. It seems like it's some kind of animation?

Anyways, my question is this: Is there any way to figure out where in the .dat file the button locations and selection animations are so I can modify them?

I think with enough messing around I can figure it out, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a faster way to find that kind of thing out.

Top Bottom