• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.mod??? wtf???

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
My friend got a new HD camera, we recorded some matches and put them on our Mac. The only problem is the files are in .mod format, which doesn't seem to work with iMovie. I looked up programs to convert it to MPG. or .MOV or such, but the only thing I got was MPEG streamliner which you need to pay to use it's converting options.

Anyone have any expertise in .MOD files?

krammit

Smash Cadet
Actaully you can just change it from .mod to .mpg/.mpeg and it should work fine. >_>

At least thats what worked for me when I had the same problem.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
krammit I tried it but that doesn't seem to work. :(

suprneb

Smash Cadet
Actaully you can just change it from .mod to .mpg/.mpeg and it should work fine. >_>

At least thats what worked for me when I had the same problem.
actually, when you just change it from .mod to .mpg, you lose one of your formats - either audio or video (meaning you could have audio and no video or you could have video and no audio)

in this case, you need something called Cyberlink PowerDirector, and it should have come with your camera in a CD or something

Cyberlink PowerDirector is kind of like windows movie maker in that its a basic editing program (i.e. it has the timeline etc.), but it converts things from .mod to .avi or .mpg with both audio and video

if you do have the software, what you need to do it move ONE .mod file into the timeline and then click produce in the toolbar up at the top

then, you can follow the instructions and choose whether to produce the .mod file as either .avi or .mpg etc.

hope this helps

i had the same problem here a while back until i googled :D

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
actually, when you just change it from .mod to .mpg, you lose one of your formats - either audio or video (meaning you could have audio and no video or you could have video and no audio)

in this case, you need something called Cyberlink PowerDirector, and it should have come with your camera in a CD or something

Cyberlink PowerDirector is kind of like windows movie maker in that its a basic editing program (i.e. it has the timeline etc.), but it converts things from .mod to .avi or .mpg with both audio and video

if you do have the software, what you need to do it move ONE .mod file into the timeline and then click produce in the toolbar up at the top

then, you can follow the instructions and choose whether to produce the .mod file as either .avi or .mpg etc.

hope this helps

i had the same problem here a while back until i googled :D
Hey thanks! I'll definitely try this.

Top Bottom