• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mod to randomly choose stage textures?

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Essentially I'm imagining a scenario like the following:

Let's say you have 3 different Final Destination textures that you like to play on. You put them on your SD card with the file names STGFINAL.pac, STGFINAL_2.pac, and STGFINAL_3.pac. When you choose FD from the stage selection screen the mod randomly chooses one of the three files to load in.

Anyone knowledgeable about stage editing and the like know how feasible this would be?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
A code like this exists. However, I'm not sure whether it would work if you added it to Project M (it very well may, but you never know with P:M codes interfering with other codes).

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
A code like this exists. However, I'm not sure whether it would work if you added it to Project M (it very well may, but you never know with P:M codes interfering with other codes).
Nice. Any idea what it's called or what larger mod it was written to work with?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I was *literally* searching for this earlier today and found it. Haven't tested it yet though. It's a bit complicated and I haven't gotten around to messing with it.

You can find the code and schtuff here:

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=146423

Let me know if this works if you test it out before I do (I'll do the same). I was looking for this to consolidate all of Xenozoa's Neo Destinations into one stage lol.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll see if I can get this to work over the weekend and report back.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Yo Zero I thought you had the code aka the one where you get "night and day" for your FD stages?

That's just for the one stage. I put them over Mushroom Kingdom / Metal Cavern because Brawl by default randomly loads one of two textures for that stage. No code for that.

On another note, this code does not work with Riivolution I'm afraid unless I'm just not looking/trying hard enough.

oksas

oak-sauce
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=31070.0

i would recommend trying this. i had trouble with the button combinations when using it in-game, and it did freeze a few times (not sure if code's fault or stage), and there are a few quirks in the program (make sure you hit enter for it to save values i think, etc), but it should all be pretty easy

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=31070.0

i would recommend trying this. i had trouble with the button combinations when using it in-game, and it did freeze a few times (not sure if code's fault or stage), and there are a few quirks in the program (make sure you hit enter for it to save values i think, etc), but it should all be pretty easy
I gave this one a shot and it seems to work fine, at least for random stage texture selection. I'm a bit skeptical about whether one could get the button combinations to work, since PM already adds some new ones to the stage selection screen for striking.

But if all you're looking for is random texture selection then I highly recommend this. Got myself 5 Battlefield textures now. It's pretty sweet. :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I gave this one a shot and it seems to work fine, at least for random stage texture selection. I'm a bit skeptical about whether one could get the button combinations to work, since PM already adds some new ones to the stage selection screen for striking.
P:M only uses... X, Y, and Z for striking, I think? You should still be able to use L, R, and maybe even A to give you plenty of combinations.

Have you been able to confirm whether this desyncs with the wifi codeset (not sure if you're using that)? I think that it would because you'd be loading something like STGBATTLEFIELD_A.pac instead of STGBATTLEFIELD.pac like the other player.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
P:M only uses... X, Y, and Z for striking, I think? You should still be able to use L, R, and maybe even A to give you plenty of combinations.

Have you been able to confirm whether this desyncs with the wifi codeset (not sure if you're using that)? I think that it would because you'd be loading something like STGBATTLEFIELD_A.pac instead of STGBATTLEFIELD.pac like the other player.
No sorry, I'm using the nowifi codeset so I'm not sure. The BF textures that I'm using are just simple re-textures of the original BF stage, as opposed to completely different stages with different collision points and whatnot. I'm not using separate .rel files either. I assume that it would be fine for wifi play but I can't give a definitive answer.

Top Bottom