• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MN Smash Presents: MIME (POSTPONED FOR NOW)

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman

MN Smash Presents: MIME

Date: TBD

TBD

Events:
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Melee Doubles
Melee Singles

Prices:
Brawl Singles: $10 per person
Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Melee Singles: $10 per person
Melee Doubles: $20 per team

Rules:
SBR Recommended Ruleset v2.0

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (singles and doubles)

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The same applies for Ganondorf's side-b.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage Lists

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Everything Else is banned.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Other Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime. Bowser's suicide klaw and Ganondorf's suicide side-b is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Notes

* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.

Attendees:
-TheOgbot
-Minnesota Moe
-emergency
-C307
-Mac Royale
-eighteenspikes
-hunger1
-Sago
-D. Disciple
-7FO
-Apocalypse3000
-Breezy
-Dart1337
-GenoSamus
-I SyNz I
-Michael12304
-NaPPy
-NearZzz
-Neomagic
-Quickster21
-Rodi
-Ryzen Xia
-YoshQ
-Zephron
-IKe_angel
-Jahordon
-Muche
-Nicki
-ROLO
-Triple R
-liljj35
-ImaRobot
-Lokeloki
-dmark312
-Dmasta
-Green_Beast
-Reaper11
-skipper13
-XEELT
-Pulse
-kspam
-sci
-mobius7
-ericYZ85
-Piplup4LIFE
-Trnty
-Mushinronsha
-CHRE
-Deepak
-Tunuva
-Aarosmashguy
-EricYZ85
-Inditled
-jadenk11
-Fatboy
-Trnty
-VengefulClaus

List of People Able to Bring Setups
-TheOgbot: 1
-Lokeloki: 1

Mac Royale

Smash Cadet
Suggestion: Guarantee Melee, and try to get some recording going on so you can post top matches and get some reputation for when you host another one. And what's with the attendees part? You should just make that estimated attendance and give a number.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Spikes, I bet there'll be enough time for Melee and considering MN is still pretty big on Melee we'll just have it going right after Brawl Singles.

Oh I also have a question for you, how do I party?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
:( Fine D...

So Lylat to CP and PS1 to Neutral and ban Distant Planet?

I'm a personal fan of DP so I'm doing it reluctantly lol.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Melee is guaranteed. I should try to work in Melee Singles into the tentative list.

How should we do it?

Brawl Teams
Melee Singles
Brawl Singles?

I know we don't have time for doubles and singles of both :/

If IA came, that'd be so awesome. I want another chance to play blank :D I've gotten much better since Beezo.

Remy, $10 MM just on Distant Planet? I will make you think otherwise.

Remy LeBeau

Smash Apprentice
I dont think that I would want to do it on that level. that is what i meant by it being no good. If you want to do a MM like a regular set, I can try that. I dont really play much brawl anymore though.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Haha nah I just thought you were bashing my favorite stage :D

It's all good. Updating stage list.

I'm removing the following:
- Norfair
- Luigi's Mansion
- Pirate Ship

Thank god for everyone hating Pirate Ship. I now have a free ban XD

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Check AiB.

That's all I'm going to say. Hunger, Moe and a few others are saying that Norfair and luigi's Mansion are normally banned and Pirate Ship is banned at most tourneys too.

I'll take the banning of Pirate Ship for sure :D

Losing my favorite stage and losing my least favorite is a pretty **** good trade off.

Plus who likes bombs hitting them anyway?

Zicore

Smash Champion
Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee or gtfo

Spikes, team for melee?

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah Melee is guaranteed. I should try to work in Melee Singles into the tentative list.

How should we do it?

Brawl Teams
Melee Singles
Brawl Singles?
Why would you sandwich melee between brawl teams and singles.... That's seems different :laugh:

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
oh snap i hope JBM can come. i wanna rematch >:].

...he destroyed me in pools at E52

make sure melee happens ogbot ;)

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Setups already there:
5 LCD TVs (Not sure on size, will specify at a later moment. Not small though)

Other Notes:
This will be primarily Brawl, but if there is enough interest and time, we could have Melee after all of the Brawl playing.
don't LCD tvs usually lag?

^ If thats an LCD tv then I thought those lag. I don't know though.

Also, I might go. Maybe.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Alright big update.

I changed the name, go figure XD

I updated the list of attendees with people that said they're going on AiB. I'll surf through this thread and add more names.

and yes Ocho they are LCD tvs, but I've tested these TVs out and tbh I didn't notice much lag while playing :/

We're getting a weekly started at the venue so we'll to some more intensive testing on them :D

Oh and RRR, it just seemed like it'd work out the best in my head XD We could just do it after Brawl Singles, but if we were to do it like that, it'd basically guarantee Melee happening since I'm not exactly sure how long all 3 events will take.

Top Bottom