• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MMGSinging: Vocaloid Wrath

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=1044]MMGSinging: Vocaloid Wrath[/drupal]

Yet another deep and thoughtful question has been asked by Alfa, who I'm considering giving the title of "that kid in class who always has his hand up and some teachers hate him and some teachers love him" but that was too long and I'm trying to find a way to shorten it at the moment. Ahem.

The question in question (Yes. I just did that.) is, if one was to sing instead of speak whilst metamindgaming, what type of music would be most effective? The answers are just as variable as for the last question Alfa asked, which is what makes it a really good question.

Once more, look towards your opponent. What type of music do they hate? What type do they love? If they hear music they hate, will it irritate and enrage them enough to throw off their playstyle? If they hear music they love, will they spontaneously break out into dance or sing along with the music and get distracted from playing? Find out, exploit accordingly.

If they are ambivalent in this regard or are at least unaffected, identify the tempo of battle. Does it flow smoothly? Is it sporadic and punctuated by staccato bursts of energy? Does the momentum of the match ebb, surge, and wane like the tide under the moon? If your opponent appears to be working best under a certain tempo, sing a song with a clashing beat. Does your opponent play worse when angry or excited? Start growling death metal at them. Are they most effective with sudden spurts of energy? Croon some jazz at them.

Finally, there are a few specific songs that can be generally expected to affect anyone adversely. Note however, that if you are not disciplined enough, you yourself will begin to falter under your very own metamindgame!

- "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley

- "Carmeldansen" by I have no idea.

- "Best Friend" by Toy Box

-"My Humps" by Fergie/BEP

- That one cat food commercial song.

- "(Baby) Look at Us" by Sarina Paris

NOTE: "Look at Us" is my preferred choice as I like the song despite knowing better on multiple levels. Also, being able to sing like Sarina Paris is in itself a mindgame (her voice sounds like they ran it through a synthesizer, but it's actually her natural voice)

(The following have been endorsed by Spadefox)

- Brawl theme with purposely badly used Latin lyrics
- Jigglypuff's Song
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- Banana Phone
- Mortal Kombat Theme
- Pokémon Anime Theme Song ("I wanna be the very best")
- "Schadenfreude" (Avenue Q)

(Pelikinesis NOTE: Pretty much any song from Avenue Q would be fitting in my opinion)

- Mona's Pizza Song from Brawl

Edit:
- "Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot" (Caramba)
- "Witch Doctor" (Cartoons)
- "Chocolate Rain" (Tay Zonday)
- "Tunak Tunak Tun" (Daler Mehndi)
- "You Spin Me Right Round" (Dead or Alive)
- "What is Love?" (Haddaway) (Pelikinesis: "Why didn't I think of that?")
- "Your Are A Pirate" (Lazytown) <- Especially effective if the opponent plays Toon Link or Wolf
- "Don't 'cha" (Pussycat Dolls) <- Especially effective if the opponent is male
- "Shaving Cream Song" (Spike Jones) <- Especially effective if the opponent has a beard

I would apologize for the admittedly small number of specific songs, but these songs are the type that will warp the sanity of any individual listening to them (which is exactly why they made this list), and at the moment I refuse to hunt for any more songs like this for my own sake.

This Vocaloid Wrath path is much more accesible to the general MMGSer, and it is easy to transition in and out of it compared to, say, the Empty Eye path. It also requires more experimentation than adherence to guidelines, so feel free to try this path out for yourself.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
like i said, the list isn't perfect.

Besides, if your opponent actually enjoys any of the songs I specifically listed, he's clearly a killer robot or something. I mean, no genuine human being could possibly enjoy any of those songs.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
like i said, the list isn't perfect.

Besides, if your opponent actually enjoys any of the songs I specifically listed, he's clearly a killer robot or something. I mean, no genuine human being could possibly enjoy any of those songs.
I wouldn't mind mes some caramelldansen.

I got the perfect song: "Head on, Apply directly to the forehead"

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
play with your feet. Or use the Wiimote and Nunchuck. Using any controller other than the Gamecube controller to play Smash is a respectable mindgame
personally, I prefer playing Smash with my invisible air guitar

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Just an idea, but would someone be able to record the pink panther theme, but instead of the instruments playing, it could be the words "No Johns" or "Mindgame'd" playing at different pitches in place of the instruments?

Scott!

Smash Lord
Just an idea, but would someone be able to record the pink panther theme, but instead of the instruments playing, it could be the words "No Johns" or "Mindgame'd" playing at different pitches in place of the instruments?
I lack the musical expertise to make anything nearly that ridiculous
ly awesome
But seriously, I would listen to that, put it on my iPod, and be happy. I'm easily pleased when it comes to music though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
For the songs, I also would recommend the following:

- Brawl theme with purposely badly used Latin lyrics
- Jigglypuff's Song
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- Banana Phone
- Mortal Kombat Theme
- Pokémon Anime Theme Song ("I wanna be the very best")
- "Schadenfreude" (Avenue Q)
- Mona's Pizza Song from Brawl

Edit:
- "Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot" (Caramba)
- "Witch Doctor" (Cartoons)
- "Chocolate Rain" (Tay Zonday)
- "Tunak Tunak Tun" (Daler Mehndi)
- "You Spin Me Right Round" (Dead or Alive)
- "What is Love?" (Haddaway)
- "Your Are A Pirate" (Lazytown) <- Especially effective if the opponent plays Toon Link or Wolf
- "Don't 'cha" (Pussycat Dolls) <- Especially effective if the opponent is male
- "Shaving Cream Song" (Spike Jones) <- Especially effective if the opponent has a beard

... I think that's it. You'll surely find something your enemy doesn't like! =D

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
"THE MOST UNWANTED SONG" Look it up in its all of its MMGS glory.

Its a twenty minute song featuring a female opera singer rapping and cussing about cowboys with spontaneous fake Walmart holiday commercial jingles thrown in sung by young children.

-- THE HORROR, THE HORROR --

Top Bottom