• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG World Finals 2015! Oct 16-18th! New Orleans, La!!!

Tonetta

Smash Apprentice
If I place well at BH5 (in the money) you'll see me there.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ill be heading to MLG tomorrow around 5:45am. If any Samus mains are there, message me. we can play

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Have the matches being streamed? Just tuned in

@Depth_ EE gave shout outs to the Samus who plays Ryo

Last edited:

Boney

Smash Apprentice
Lost to two sheiks. I got 33rd or 49th (not too sure) out of 147.
Bummer, it's a shame but the Shiek match up is pretty much unwinnable, we're under constant pressure from across the stage due to needles, no good way of dealing with her frame data (dem fairs). Bouncing fish and vanish traps are ridiculous as well.

Afro Smash Afro Smash , you have good tourney experience, how'd you fare with Shiek?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Sheik's always gonna be difficult, needles limit charge time severely, missiles leave you open for bouncing fish, short hop aerials to combat her own are far more commital due to our fall speed, we can take a much bigger beating than her though and we should live with rage for a fair bit unless we get caught with sweetspot up smash or up b, which means up b oos becomes a potent killer, and we can easily exploit her ledge snap with falling up air and sometimes Dair. Jab also becomes super useful at higher percents for creating space and time to charge

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Out of curiosity, do you remember what players you lost to?
It was the same sheik player. I think hes from Georgia.

Needles prevented me from staying away and charging a shot or doing anything with zair/projectiles and any time i did an attack he would just run up shield or powershield and punish instantly. He spaced all his moves very well and he never went into the air unless for a confirmed hit so i couldn't shield tilt a up+b or do fairs/nairs. That shield stun patch did almost nothing for samus other than shield breaks and realistically, good players will be too mobile to allow a shield to get too low.

Brawl 2.0 strikes again.

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
It was the same sheik player. I think hes from Georgia.

Needles prevented me from staying away and charging a shot or doing anything with zair/projectiles and any time i did an attack he would just run up shield or powershield and punish instantly. He spaced all his moves very well and he never went into the air unless for a confirmed hit so i couldn't shield tilt a up+b or do fairs/nairs. That shield stun patch did almost nothing for samus other than shield breaks and realistically, good players will be too mobile to allow a shield to get too low.

Brawl 2.0 strikes again.
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate you sharing your experience to help Samus players to improve their game.

Top Bottom