• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Hawaii

BBQ°

Smash Champion
BigLou and myself will be attending MLG Hawaii '09-'10 for Mario Party 4.

We both got invites to attend this highly-acclaimed event, and since we are both sponsored by MLG, our plane tickets are free. Rayku also got invited but he declined the invitation since he's rusty and didn't want to make a bad showing. Lounis (BigLou) and I will be flying there tonight at 8 PM. Pools start tomorrow morning at 9 AM and will continue until next Monday. The entire tournament will hopefully finish within 2 weeks. There are 71,000 pools. The top 2 out of 4 people will make it out of the pool and be seeded into the next round of pools based on the amount of stars and coins they won previously. There is an estimated 1,500 rounds of pools to go through, and then will be seeded into a 512-man bracket.

The competition for MLG Hawaii is said to be the most fierce ever since '85 when Lounis and SleepyK's Brother were in Grand Finals competing for 19.85 million dollars. SleepyK's Brother took the win using his superior Korean powers. SleepyK's Brother decided to retire at that point and left Lounis in 25 years of salt. Now SleepyK's Brother has decided to come out of retirement and the grand showdown is at it again. The hype of these two top competitors has caught the attention of MILLIONS. The competition will be harder than ever since the winner gets 20.1 million dollars and receives access to the Mario Party 4 VIP Lounge. The only other people in the VIP Lounge include: Hidetoshi Endo (main developer of Mario Party 4), and Endo's wife, Hojo Masako. The other top competitors are APod, FoDrizzle, and DMac, none of which are any match for Lounis or SleepyK's Brother. These two are like the Isai of competitive Mario Party 4.

Recent picture of DMac:

Lounis (right) at MLG San Francisco

BBQ (left) and Rayku (middle). I'm showing QDVS how fiercely competitive Mario Party 4 is at Tipped Off 5.

Fo' Drizzle

SleepyK's Brother

And APod

Lounis has recently discovered a new meditation method to help 10-fold his technical skill and mindgaming ability. Lounis, the underdog, will hopefully win.
I will hopefully make it out of the tremendous amount of pools and get into the 512-man bracket.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I beilieve in my honest opinion that I have been working much harder (as has bbq), then anyone that will be attending this event. Hopefully I pull out on top this time, as I feel that I am favored to win this event. I may start my meditation early, as to enhance myself at optical performance.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
LOL

I made this joke but a different kind a while back...

Mario Party 5

50 turns

pools of 120

top 119 advance

each round best of 11

gety hyped

69.786 entrants

1st place: wiimote

2nd place: Gamecube

3rd place: Money back

4th place - $4585329376589236598236598236.98

BigLøu

Smash Lord
People would have immediatly known it was a joke then, because mario party 5 is a party game, and would not be taken into mlg by any means, unlike mario party 4.

Purple

Hi guys!
apparently Dmac has been winning a lot of tournaments in the west side. Predicted to be number 1 at MLG hawaii. Did you online mm him like i told you to lou?

Rayku is still going to MLG Hawaii though, just not entering. He has to attend a ganon convention

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Updated the OP with pics from various tournaments.

Also HBox, Mario Party 5 is for scrubs.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
apparently Dmac has been winning a lot of tournaments in the west side. Predicted to be number 1 at MLG hawaii. Did you online mm him like i told you to lou?

Rayku is still going to MLG Hawaii though, just not entering. He has to attend a ganon convention
Yeah, DMac is a threat, but his mindgames are subpar. And online Mario Party 4 is not a good way to money match. 1 frame of lag is waaaay too much for a game that takes frame-perfect timing for 95% of the minigames and board control.

Yo anthony just ride with me, to save gas. I'll come by now.
ok thanks. Just hurry. I don't want to miss the flight.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I want to elaborate on Jamaal's comment. I retired from wifi play a loooong time ago, I need no lag to able to contend at all. My play revolves around a non laggy enviroment, a game as technical as mp4 cannot be played on any frame of lag.

*BBQ on my way now for real.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Good Luck guys! I heard Ken is making a comeback to the scene. Don't let him have his way with you in the rapid A pressing mini games.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm on the plane wifi. the internet is horrible lol.

Thanks Mike G!

And yeah, Ken actually won a Mario Party 4 tournament. I think it was MLG Chicago. He only won because -literally- no other top players showed up. But he's still really good lol. If he's coming to MLG Hawaii then I expect him to get at least top 32.

Laijin- They're closing off the island for this event. The possibility of that happening is like... impossible lol. The security guards check to make sure everyone has their invitation with them.

Rayku

Smash Lord
This would be better if Anthony paid attention to what I say every once in a while and didn't get the top professionals' names mixed up.

A.B.
P-Mac
D. Smith

are the real top 3 competitors. BBQ just doesn't like to listen.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
LOL. Those pros are washed up. They are still decent though. Top 17 material, I'd say.

update: 2 more hours until we get there!

Laijin

Smash Hero
Laijin- They're closing off the island for this event. The possibility of that happening is like... impossible lol. The security guards check to make sure everyone has their invitation with them.
Nah man. I hear their doing some real sneaky ****.
I heard some other rumors that some of the staff and some of the security are terrorists in disguise. Their plan is pretty ****ing elaborate

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Nah man. I hear that **** ain't true.
I heard rumors that there are terrorists underneath your bed waiting for you in disguise.
Their plan is pretty ****ing elaborate

Rayku

Smash Lord
LOL. Those pros are washed up. They are still decent though. Top 17 material, I'd say.

update: 2 more hours until we get there!
No, you just misheard them because you don't listen to what I say, and made up your own pros that don't really exist.

A.B. will f*ck you up

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yo i jus got off da phone wit MLG comissinah (Matthew Bromberg) and i'm confirmed as a wildcard in the now 471-man bracket (changed due to time concerns)

i'll see you guys in 2 weeks

hope you make it out of pools :))

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey guys. We got to the venue last night around 1:30 AM (East Coast Time) to register (8:30 PM Hawaii Time). I was able to take some pics of the venue

These are all the employees registering people on their computers to make the lines go faster

Pools start in 30 minutes! Wish us luck!!

A.B. will f*ck you up
ok I admit that A.B. would **** me, but APod is just factually better.

yo i jus got off da phone wit MLG comissinah (Matthew Bromberg) and i'm confirmed as a wildcard in the now 471-man bracket (changed due to time concerns)

i'll see you guys in 2 weeks

hope you make it out of pools :))
Oh congratz bro.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Post as to what is currently going on, bbq(anthony) almost overslept and caused us to miss the opening ceremony of this amazing event. There is hype beyond belief atm, I haven't seen everyone I remember from '85, but this is just the first day, pools are about to start now(don't forget timezones are really off). So I won't be back to update until quite some time, but we will do our best to rep GA as well as our fellow smash brothers.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I so wish I couldve gone to this! GeoffMoney! You gotta bring Mario Party 4 when you come to VSA Tampa!!
yea man of course

i'm just gladd i made it in as a wildcard because of my performance on gamebattles

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Competition is really rough. I got 2nd seed in almost all my rounds of pools so far (4 rounds). Lounis has been dominating. He got 16 stars one round and would've made it to 20 but he started sandbagging and was just goofing off in the wheel of screwality, handing out his stars.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
my little brother was negative ten years old when he won the title.

Top Bottom