• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Anaheim Pro Pools Announced

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
is there a confirmed list yet of the final entrants list/singles total. I wonder how many people will end up going to MLG, compared to the supposed near 1,000 players I heard that are going to EVO?
I have absolutely no idea. They're capping the entry at 1024, but I do not believe they've stated they've maxed out.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
Ive got so many questions...So mlg is a three day event right? Also, pool a and pool b are both round Robin and only top top 2 make it out of each pool? So that leaves four players for top 4. Is there a losers bracket? Also whats with people saying there are four extra spots coming from the open bracket :/ im so confused. Someone please narrow this down for a dumbass like me

PokerJoker811

Smash Rookie
Ive got so many questions...So mlg is a three day event right? Also, pool a and pool b are both round Robin and only top top 2 make it out of each pool? So that leaves four players for top 4. Is there a losers bracket? Also whats with people saying there are four extra spots coming from the open bracket :/ im so confused. Someone please narrow this down for a ******* like me
Alright, here's how it works. You have the 2 pools, and the Open Bracket. The Top 4 from the WInner's side of the Open Bracket get seeded into the pools with the players you already see, and Top 4 from the Loser's side get something else, which I'll bring up later. The pools decide where you go in another bracket, the Championship Bracket. They're Round Robin, so everyone gets their proper slot. Top 2 in each Pool go to Winner's Semis, the rest get put into various spots in the Championship Bracket based on their place in their Pool. The Loser's Bracket of the Championship Bracket starts with the bottom placing players in the Pools facing the Top 4 from the Open Bracket Loser's Bracket. From there on in, it's just your standard double elim.

If you want a visual idea of how the Championship Bracket works, go on Liquipedia, click the MLG link on the right side, and scroll down. They're using the same format for Smash as they are for Starcraft.

Top Bottom