• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Anaheim - Everything YOU Need to Know! Vote for Winner!

Who will win MLG Anaheim?

• EMP | Mew2King

Votes: 51 13.2%
  • EG | PPMD

Votes: 109 28.3%
  • Leffen

Votes: 17 4.4%
  • SS | Soft

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • VGBC | Hax

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • LLL | Remen

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • CRS | Hungrybox

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • C9 | Mango

Votes: 69 17.9%
  • EMP | Armada

Votes: 67 17.4%
  • Westballz

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • VGBC | Amsa

Votes: 24 6.2%
  • CT | ZeRo

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Open Bracket Player

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Regarding the poll, I voted for Hax. I don't think it'll happen, but it's what I want to happen, so **** it. He always comes *so* close, and after watching him at SKTAR I finally think Fox was the right choice for him. More realistically, he'll upset one of the "gods" but then get knocked out by 2 others. I don't care though, I gamble big with my credibility.

I think Melee will come very close to UMvC3 in entrant totals. My guess is 1300 for Marvel (similar to last year) and 1100 for Melee (~55% increase). The huge SoCal local scene is a big factor because those people don't have to travel *that* far for EVO.

SoCal is by far the strongest Melee region. Their players are theoretically capable of matching the # of stocks claimed by M2K/PP/HBox. And if those 3 go down, the rest of the EC team (save for Hax) is considerably weaker. So I don't think it will be one-sided at all. It's going to be very close.
Nah, SoCal is strong and all, but their top player last time I checked (And please correct me if I'm wrong here) is Westballz. Westballz is good and all, but he isnt M2K or PP or HBox. Like I said, 3 of the top 5 players in the world on one team. It will not be close.

Zoler

Smash Ace
LEFFEN vs.
HUNGRYBOX vs. ARMADA
I think Hungrybox will take this. Not sure how much Armada was been practicing against puff and he had some close games against Prince Abu at Super SWEET.
Yeah, because Armada will definitely play Peach vs Hungrybox, that's what he usually does right? :facepalm:

Bortogo

Smash Rookie
the moment you doubt mango/m2k/armada is the moment you'll be disappointed. M2k has beaten all members of the big 5/sinister 6, if you wanna include leffen at Apex 2014, in the last year. He goes even with mango, has proven recently that he's more than capable of beating armada (sktar 3) and they had a tight set at SSS last weekend (thought it could've gone to a game 5/set 2). He hasn't been able to beat pp recently (as of 2014;last time he beat pp was TBH3), but he's managed to take games off of pp's falco and as far as im concerned looked pretty damn solid vs pp up until game 4 of their set in GFs at SKTAR (taking game 1 off of pp's falco and going down to last stock vs pp in the marth ditto/lol only in 2014 did i ever think i'd see m2k as an underdog in the ditto).
Mango goes even with m2k, almost beat armada at Super Sweet, and is more than capable of beating pp. The scary thing is, is that MaNg0 has had that 20XX pack for a few weeks now. He's the last person you want to have that technology in their hands.

Armada, I can make the case has the best chance of beating PPMD, given the fact that he did very well against PP at SKTAR 3, at about 85%-90% of his maximum skill. What makes armada so fearsome is his punishment game, and his ability to adapt as well as win the war of attrition. (his peach is like a freaking wall) He'll take trades all day, and applies pressure so well. His OoS game gives him alot of leverage, he was not as crisp/comfortable OoS as he was say a yr and half ago (Apex 2013) with his trademark nairs OoS at SKTAR.
I wouldn't sleep on leffen either, imo he is capable of beating anyone of the big 5 (yes including pp). As for hbox, if he plays like he did at GOML, he'll be a real force heading into this weekend.
I'm not saying no one has a chance other than PPMD, but I am saying that with the way he's been playing, PP is certainly aimed to take this. While it is 100% possible he can lose it, I would say the odds are more in his favor than anyone else's.

Djent

Smash Champion
Nah, SoCal is strong and all, but their top player last time I checked (And please correct me if I'm wrong here) is Westballz. Westballz is good and all, but he isnt M2K or PP or HBox. Like I said, 3 of the top 5 players in the world on one team. It will not be close.
You're correct in that Westballz is ranked #1. However, at the most recent SSS, Westballz lost to Ken (#13) and HugS (#10). How many regions are so stacked (and close in skill) that players outside of top 10 are capable of beating #1?

I think the probabilities of any one specific SoCal player faring evenly with M2K/PP/HBox are slim. However, the joint odds that any one of them will are significantly better. Furthermore, even if it takes Mango + 4-5 other SoCal players to beat the 4 top players on the EC team, that still leaves SoCal in a decent position because the rest of EC is comparably weaker, whereas SoCal's entire team is top-8-at-a-national quality.

Last edited:

King K Rool

Smash Rookie
Love Amsa's play style, his yoshi is sooooooo gooooooood, cant wait to watch his match!

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Furthermore, even if it takes Mango + 4-5 other SoCal players to beat the 4 top players on the EC team, that still leaves SoCal in a decent position because the rest of EC is comparably weaker, whereas SoCal's entire team is top-8-at-a-national quality.
Colbol and plup can compete with the best of cali. The bottom 4 of east is weaker than west though.

Stubble

Smash Rookie
aMSa will pull through on this one and surprise everyone, yoshi will become god tier, and I will tell stories to my grandchildren of the Yoshi lord who brought us to salvation, Masaya "Mesiah" Chikamoto.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The hype is too powerful. Sadly won't be able to catch too many matches tomorrow, but damn if I'm not gonna avoid any spoilers.

Top Bottom