• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKs Counterpicking = overrated?

Jem.

Smash Master
I guess it depends on your region rules. Some people say avoiding all contact is "stalling" which is banned, but when people time out, isn't that what they're doing. I don't really see TO's enforce the no stalling rule, so I guess it works

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Once in a tourney match I timed someone out in Brinstar, I think it was Pikachu. I got like what, 3 ledge grabs.
My strategy is to get a noticeable lead, like at least 10%. And then nado at a good moment and the stage will break and then I flee to the other side.

Now you see, the opponent has to approach me from above because there are no ledges or anything between the stage. It works like the lava, force the opponent to go aerial. Also, this way Pika couldn't reach me with his jolts so I could just stand there and react to his actions.
When he approached, I punish it easily to get a better lead or I could run under the stage and glide on the other side to reset the situation.
Did he knew he could Jolt to the upper platform, right?
Or approach from below when acid is low enough.

He's Pikachu! he can get almost anywhere so easy! (Skullbash might help, also)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know he was Pikachu and he jolted all around, but that **** can just be jumped over. And skullbashing is asking to be nadoed.
And QAC **** isn't reliable, just nair and woot 19% to poor Pikachu.

And Jem lol! What kind of tournament would consider that stalling?

Staco

Smash Champion
I know he was Pikachu and he jolted all around, but that **** can just be jumped over. And skullbashing is asking to be nadoed.
And QAC **** isn't reliable, just nair and woot 19% to poor Pikachu.

And Jem lol! What kind of tournament would consider that stalling?
Yes, because its soooo easy to Double Hit Nair aPikachu QAC, lmao!!!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Double hit or not, does it ****ing matter when I have a lead and am trying to go for a time out?

Jem.

Smash Master
I dunno, doesn't every tournament usually have "No stalling - avoiding any and all contact with the opponent?" Or did my mind go back to 2008? Cause I thought technically people said stalling is timing out, which never made sense to me because timing out has been a viable strategy since 2008, but time out + stalling rule were always in effect

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well, there can be matches where they just both play really safe so the match goes to time but that is rarely the case these days it's usually one person running away from the other via air camping or scrooging but im sure you already knew that lolz

Jem.

Smash Master
The first time I saw Larry's AiB Avatar when he used the scrooge picture a year or so ago, I thought it meant people were being greedy about money, not "scrooging" since I didn't know the term since it was primarily used on EC in its early days, lol =)

Top Bottom