• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK unable to fastfall?

verditude

Smash Journeyman
From Gimpyfish:

Gliding is really unorthodox, I think we just didn't try it enough because it’s so different. It’s also awkward to activate a glide. You actually press DOWN to start gliding with pit/Metaknight. Seems like it would be a great way to recover, but it might be pretty easy to edge guard. But we really don't know, it wasn't researched very much.
If down starts a glide, how do you fastfall?

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I think what is meant is, you hold down the jump button to start a glide.
On the official Smashbros Dojo site, it even says that you actually have to do so.
So to answer your question, press down on your control stick/pad to fastfall.

EDIT:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique05.html said:
If you continue holding the jump button, you’ll start gliding.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Sure, but look at this:
At the peak of your midair jump, you can also rapidly tilt the Control Stick backward to forward to link the jump to a glide.
Cause Gimpy definitely means press the direction down on the stick/pad to glide. I wonder if the game evaluates that as the beginning of a glide as per the above quote.

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
No, I'm sure you have to press the jump button first. Otherwise, how would metaknight do down aerials?

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Sure, down + A does a dair, but according to Gimpy, down on its own starts a glide. And you can't immediately cancel the glide by pressing down again, it just tilts your glide down.

EDIT: Gimpy also makes no mention of holding down the jump button as part of starting the glide.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
Sure, down + A does a dair, but according to Gimpy, down on its own starts a glide. And you can't immediately cancel the glide by pressing down again, it just tilts your glide down.

EDIT: Gimpy also makes no mention of holding down the jump button as part of starting the glide.
He made a typing error. You press DOWN on the jump button to glide, not down on the control stick. Common sense.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Another possibilty is that he was talking about angling your glide down (and back up) to keep the glide going. You know, like in Paper Mario: 1,000 Year Door when you tilt the control stick back and forth to "glide". Because that's how you do it in Brawl.

But, yeah, it's probably a simple error. You don't push the control stick down to start the Gide.

Another possibilty is that he was talking about angling your glide down (and back up) to keep the glide going. You know, like in Paper Mario: 1,000 Year Door when you tilt the control stick back and forth to "glide". Because that's how you do it in Brawl.

But, yeah, it's probably a simple error. You don't push the control stick down to start the Gide.
On that note T!mmy, There was this one match where I saw Meta Knight wher i say metaKnight do a complete nose dive to gain momentum, then he quickly pulled up to gain momentum, then repeated the cycle. He was actually able to gain the same amount of height he lost from the decent. It makes me fairly curious about the mechanics of gliding.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Same here, and what are the exact kennetics for the glide, don't you do something like jump to beable to glide... this is something I'll be doing a lot of experiements for when I get brawl...

Top Bottom