• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Tornado

soroush123

Smash Lord
I've asked the MK boards, but they can't tell me specific moves. What stops MK from spamming the hell out of mach tornado?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Most of the good ranged, disjointed hitboxes can interrupt it (G&W Fair and Bair, Olimar Fsmash and Dsmash, there are other moves). If you are talking about Dedede specifically I think his Ftilt, Dair, Gordos (not sure about waddle dees/doos but I think the Waddle doo laser beams can disrupt it), and even his Fsmash can get through MK's mach tornado.

Fat Otaku

Smash Apprentice
Wolf's laser cannon does the job for me if I can keep control and keep my distance. IF however the MK player is able to get in close and use the tornado, you MUST stay away as long as possible. If he connects early, he can take down a full shield and start to juggle you. If you get in the air you need to try hard to get away from him and laser spam him some more. Now. If you can distance yourself and get him to use his tornado early and try to run into you, it will expire before your shield drops, giving you enough time to pull of a smash to distance MK. Wolf has the advantage against MK I think. Some characters dont have a badass laser cannon like Wolf to give MK something to think about.

soroush123

Smash Lord
Well, thnx for the wolf help but I use DDD. Anyway, ftilt doesn't seem to stop it and smashes are too slow. ESPECIALLY fsmash. There has to be one good move to use. Gordos r too random anyway.

Vet

Smash Cadet
I was informed bair works even though I myself am having a hard time getting it to work.

Going to get more time to test it this weekend.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Downtilt works extremely well, as mentioned. Also, attempting to inhale him will not work, but it does pull him threw you, sort of like what happens if they are lying on the ground. If you are near the ledge and inhale a tornadoing MK it will pull him behind you and he will go into "special fall". This can kill a low skilled MK player, but probably wouldn't work against a competent player.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Does anyone know if his Jethammer can get through the Mach tornado? I know that it would be situational at best if it worked but it would be an interesting way to stop it.

soroush123

Smash Lord
I figured out the thing about dilt. Tornado gains priority if they mash the B button, and lasts longer too. A normal tornado loses to dtilt, but if they mash B, dtilt will bounce off, and at that range, you'll get sucked in after. I do think jet hammer works, but also, along with Dsmash, hard to use in a fight.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I use Dtilt and it usually cancels out the tornado. I think you should use Dsmash. Utilt sonds like a goodd idea too.

Top Bottom