• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Step Dash Data and Ideas

metanight1311

Smash Rookie
NNID
metaknight1311
3DS FC
1633-4405-3849
Credit to My Smash Corner for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvRsb_2yE5Y

Since this video states that MK has the best step dash, I thought I should make a thread for compiling applications for MK's step dash.

For starters, in a few examples during the video, MK is shown using the step dash > utilit to punish getups, end lag on certain moves, etc.

I await your thoughts below.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I've been using this tech for a fair while now, and for MK, it's a pretty good grab option since there's less punish window than dash-grab. Of course it's not always applicable, but the option is there if you feel like a dash-grab might be a little riskier than you'd like (1/2 frames can really matter.), and you have the chance.

Also, D-smash is pretty good as far as surprises go, especially since it can send your opponent flying offstage. It's not every day someone comes sliding at you with a smash attack, so that's personally one of my favourite options.

Top Bottom