• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Noob

ParaSit3

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I'm new to the forums and need a ton of help. So I use MK just because I always liked the Kirby Franchise and thought he was awesome, never knew he was a tier S character. Just started playing Brawl again a few days ago and I have some questions.

1) I can get my opponent to a 80 - 120% but I don't know what move to finish with. I usually do my B up move but its hard to hit consistently, and suggestions or tips?

2) Is there a list of moves for MK i should just avoid, I find the tornado and the sideways drill move to be kind of useless but I don't know how to use MK to the full potential.

3) I always kill myself, lol. I'll be at like 20% and I'll fall off the map, generally by doing my B UP move and missing and not being able to control the small amount of flight you have after.

If you can answer these questions and tell me some tips of combos and stuff, that would be awesome! Thanks for the help.

PS. I suck, lol. I can beat the level 7 CPU consistently, but not 9 yet.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't understand why people don't see the MK Question/Answer thread.

1) Main kill moves:
*D-Smash
*N-Air
*Aerial Shuttle Loop

Other kill moves:
*F-Smash
*Grounded Shuttle Loop
*Tipper D-Air
*Tipper U-Tilt
*U-Air

2) Drill Rush is a great recovery move, because it auto snaps onto the ledge. Don't be predictable with this though. Other than that it's not that useful. Tornado is an amazing move. It's pretty much for juggling, but you can approach with it(Kind of). It has a LOT of priority. Some characters are easier to suck into the Tornado than others, don't use this predictably either. Everyone hates this move because it's "broken".

Moves that aren't very good are for attacking are U-Smash, Drill Rush, Dimensional Cape, & Jab. Utilt is kinda bad too, but it has more uses IMO

3) You have many, many recovery options. This is one of the reasons why Meta Knight is such an amazing character. You have 5 jumps, you can glide, you can Tornado back to the stage, you can Drill Rush, you can Dimensional Cape, you can Shuttle Loop. Watch videos of pro MKs and see how they recover vs certain characters.

There aren't really many combos in Brawl because of the lack of hitstun. You can uair string to Shuttle Loop, I guess.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
UpB is not hard to hit with at all. You can typically bait an Fsmash to it.

Uhm... don't jab with MK? He doesn't really have too many moves you have to avoid, so you shouldn't worry about that... Tornado... useless... uhm, no. It's good for recovery and damage racking. I suppose what Kaffei said is true, but drill rush rocks, lol. Edge cancelling i to cool stuffs, ;D Utilt is decent I suppose, but Usmash sucks... it's surprisingly good to use when someone gets of a ledge though, it's stupid....

You kill yourself... with MK...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I keep trying to do invincinair to reverse SL auto snap on wifail but I keep SDing when I do it lmao

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I try to do m2k's nair>uair>dtilt >turn around dtilt
lolol

Top Bottom