• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mk distant planet glitch

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
hello im from mexico i was messing around with mk in all legal stages and i discover that metaknight up b flight can pass threw the ledge walls in the bottom limit in distant planet i dont know if this already discovered if it is pls erase this thread here is a pic of how to do it btw this is possible with all characters

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little confused at the arrow part of this. But if you're going under distant planet, can MK come up through the platform from under it? And I'm guessing this is why you did the drawing, but do you have any video that you can show us of this?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ow wow it works. As soon as you rise to the stage ground from inside the stage you (seemingly) laglessly appear in your standing... stance. So you can't like, keep going up. It automatically places you on the ground, but since it appears to be lagless, it's legit.

Works on both sides of the stage. The timing (or spacing or whatever) is kinda tight to do it without killing yourself off the bottom. But this seems very reliably doable with practice. Good find.

Last edited:

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little confused at the arrow part of this. But if you're going under distant planet, can MK come up through the platform from under it? And I'm guessing this is why you did the drawing, but do you have any video that you can show us of this?
yeah bro you can go up thorught the plataform and like 9bit said as soon your going up and reach exactly the stage it places automatically in the ground

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you glide attack while having upwards momentum into that instant land?
Testing now.

If you glide attack too early you'll die. You don't land on the stage and you fall through it to the bottom blastzone. I'm gonna have to keep trying, see if there is a timing that works.

The thing is you sorta "pop" on to the stage when you rise up normally. It's like it sucks you upward to the stage for the last bit of height. Makes the attack timing weird and kinda cancels your momentum.

Update: I was able to successfully land an attack on the opponent and still land on the stage, but it seemed like it gave normal landing lag for the slash attack.

Damn the timing is really tight on this glide attack. But I've done it a few more times and there might actually be reduced lag on it.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Also it should be possible to use your jumps instead of up-b and then tornado recover. I don't see that much application in it though

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Application will come with time. But things like this are always good to know. Nice find.
Well you have an alternative recovery option on Distant Planet which isn't needed that much in most cases except if you get hit out of your up-b and can't recover normally, for this situation it is the only recovery option that actually works. Going for it if you don't need to makes no sense because it is much more risky and also more punishable (with hitboxes going under the stage) than most other recovery options.
One of those finds which are hilarious and even have application, but are very situational and rather something you wanna show to your friends

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'm testing this more extensively now, but in the five minutes I've fooled around with this I've found that Jigglypuff can do something similar though less safe safe but with more difficulty.

Also Mario is small enough to get past the boundry just barely, but he doesn't have the ability to get up. My initial idea was to have him UpB to wall jump the inside of the thing, but if you come into contact with the inside of the wall, you just appear on the outside like with the inside bottom of the stage.

More to come soon. Keep checking back for results.

Edit: Kirby can also do this, with some interesting results. Kirby's is the most difficult to do of the characters I've found who can do this as there is no handicap for it. Unfortunately Kirby's implementation does not get you the lagless land on the stage, but instead lets you up B through the stage, which in and of itself is still pretty tricky and useful. One nice thing about it is if timed and spaced properly, Kirby only appears above the stage at the apex of the Up B so you appear with a quick right above the ground slash, downward slash, blade wave. I've posted a guide in the jiggs forums on how to perform hers, and I'll probably follow suit now with the Kirby forums.

Edit: Pit is the proud owner of this tech as well, and I'd say he has the easiest implementation and the best use out of it, as his glide does not auto cancel upon passing through the bottom of the stage, so he can easily fly through the bottom of the stage will attacking with an aerial, or waveland for safety.

Edit: So from what I've tested there are a total of 10 characters who can use this to varying degrees of effectiveness, them being, Metaknight, Kirby, Ice Climbers, ROB, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Ness, and Pit. Other members of the cast probably can, but from my testing those were the ones that I could perform. I've posted guides on different techniques for it in the Jigglypuff, Pit, and Kirby forums, and plan on getting the other ones done in due time.

Last edited:

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Damn, this is pretty awesome. I'm going to have to try this myself. This is a really cool find I must say.

GeZ

Smash Lord
So I'm scrapping the other guides I was writing as a dev informed me that this was already discovered and addressed. Next patch this is entirely gone.

Top Bottom