• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK banned from tournies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
...what? Doesn't that contradict itself?

Anyway, so lets say that characters are ban from tourneys, then why would he be ban?
:laugh: I was joking (though the way I spelled it is the more commonly used misspelling).

Anyway, Meta Knight would not be banned at the start even if characters were viable targets. He would have to be tested on the field of battle. In tournaments, if Meta Knight were the winner all the time, then he would be a candidate for banning. Otherwise, he wouldn't. The people who say MK should be banned (and are serious about it) know nothing about "brokenness".

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, take Melee, for example. If Fox was 1st place 100% of the time at tournaments (no exceptions, all skill levels, etc.), he would probably be susceptible to the ban hammer. However, since winners usually consist of a large variety of characters (with even DK taking second at a big MLG), no characters are really ban targets at this point.

finalark

SNORLAX
True, no matter how much I dislike Fox and Falco (if you have to use the C-Stick to win then you are not a pro) I see no reason for him or any other character to be ban. Everyone has their down sides to balance their strengths.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
True, no matter how much I dislike Fox and Falco (if you have to use the C-Stick to win then you are not a pro) I see no reason for him or any other character to be ban. Everyone has their down sides to balance their strengths.
Wow, that c-stick comment just landed you the loser hall of fame.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I'm good with Ness, should he be ban?
Did you read anything I said? First off, I don't believe you, but that is a debate for another day. Even if you were the world's best Ness, that still leaves out the issue of Ness winning 100% of tournaments.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
anyone who calls for a character to be banned before the FINAL game is realeased should go jump out of a very high plane and fall into giant empty space where thousands of ants slowly and painfully chew the flesh of their bones.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Quite honestly this topic needs to be closed. While it does pertain to Metaknight, this is tourney speculation 3 months before the final version. This is a topic for February 20th, when hopefully people have decided their mains, and gotten good enough to make some sort of tier list, but this time, hopefully the tiers are eradicated.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
anyone who calls for a character to be banned before the FINAL game is realeased should go jump out of a very high plane and fall into giant empty space where thousands of ants slowly and painfully chew the flesh of their bones.
That was golden. I am going to print that off on nice glossy paper, frame it, and hang it on my wall.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
MK won't be banned, he shouldn't be because if thats so, it would be out of order... whats excuse will they use against MK... *thinks* (sarcasm bit) its a God like character and kill beat all newbs (end sarcasm) That doesn't change anything... he was made playable for a reason and should be allowed to be in tournies

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Link's up-B should've been banned in Melee. It's so broken. /sarcasm

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well, take Melee, for example. If Fox was 1st place 100% of the time at tournaments (no exceptions, all skill levels, etc.), he would probably be susceptible to the ban hammer. However, since winners usually consist of a large variety of characters (with even DK taking second at a big MLG), no characters are really ban targets at this point.
Exactly. Tiers should not exist becuase people are good with diverse characters. For example, I pwn as Mewtwo. He is my best character. I suck as Fox. Fox is my worst character. As Mewtwo, I could destroy a whole army of Foxes in no time flat. As Fox, a single Mewtwo could destroy me in no time flat. Tiers mean nothing to anyone with common sense. You're good with who you're good with. MK banned becuase people are good as him? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom