• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mix-Ups

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Recently I found that I had been doing much worse than usual, and for a little while was considering mains, but I realized what my problem was - I've become too predictable. Most notably is my tendency to fair onto shields and get punished for it. People seem to read my air-dodges and off-stage moves pretty well, too. Are there any good strategies for mixing up techniques with Jiggs?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I've been doing a run up, pivot before jump bair. Bair perfectly spaces shield grabs, and can shield poke on the second hit. Also if they keep shielding after bair, throw out a pound for an instant shield break.

Also, for air dodges they should really only be used if you are above the opponent, or projectiles are being thrown at you. Her aerials have good priority, and her air speed make it easy to back up, even if off stage. Bait hits, and get an easy recovery. Air dodging should be used lightly. For your offstage moves, be unpredictable, switch it up. If they expect a sh nair, do a full hop dair. Just try diffenet things. Being harder to read can throw off your opponents momentum, and can win you the game. It's simple, but it's great!

MaraTH

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-2317-6903
Try some empty hops, people really love to fall for those from what I've seen. I've also met people who said that her DSmash threw them off, because its charging animation looks like a taunt. You generally shouldn't be trying to hit people on the ground though.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
I've been doing a run up, pivot before jump bair. Bair perfectly spaces shield grabs, and can shield poke on the second hit. Also if they keep shielding after bair, throw out a pound for an instant shield break.

Also, for air dodges they should really only be used if you are above the opponent, or projectiles are being thrown at you. Her aerials have good priority, and her air speed make it easy to back up, even if off stage. Bait hits, and get an easy recovery. Air dodging should be used lightly. For your offstage moves, be unpredictable, switch it up. If they expect a sh nair, do a full hop dair. Just try diffenet things. Being harder to read can throw off your opponents momentum, and can win you the game. It's simple, but it's great!
Most people end up perfect shielding the bair and then grabbing me anyway.

I think my main problem is knowing when people would expect me to do something.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Like they said, empty hops. Hop in like you're going to aerial or rest, and instead land and grab. or shield/spotdodge then react if you think they aren't going to fall for it. use your predictability as a weapon, when they start knowing what you're going to do, change it up to take advantage of it.

Top Bottom