• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi State University GRAND-SMASH-A-THON

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
Hello challengers,
I invite you all ::Tekken Voice:: to the GRAND-SMASH-A-THON event hosted by the College Gaming Circuit featuring Melee and Brawl here in Starkville Mississippi on the campus of Mississippi State University April 2nd-3rd. I challenge you all to take down MSU's own Winnar and Mookierah in a battle of the death (yes, we actually have that thing called "rules) of either 1v1 or 2v2. To compete, please RSVP on the smash boards and by clicking the following link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175267785822865&num_event_invites=0. The layout is as followed:

Registration(Melee/Brawl): 9am-10:15am
Rules briefing and Tio bracket setup: 10:20-10:30
2v2's start: 10:40am
2v2's end: 4pm

1v1 Rules briefing and Tio: 4:05-4:15
Round 1 of 1v1: 4:20-4:40
Dinner Break: 4:45-5:50
Re-Start 1v1's at 5:55
Finish 1v1's by 10:30pm

These times are considered on a 60 person bracket. Our bi-weekly tournaments have 20-30 people show, so we do expect do double that amount for such a big event.

Also, you have the option to buy half a box of pizza for $3.00 (soda included) or a full box for $6.00 from Papa Johns. Or Chinese food for $5.00 a person.

All players MUST bring their own controller (no wireless or turbos, or modified) and the first 7 setups to bring a Wii (with smash/melee) AND TV will have their venue fee's waived. The first 3 to bring only a Wii (with smash/melee) or just a TV will have their fee's waived.

You will also have time to participate in MANY friendly matches and FUN EVENTS while at the tournament

Any Question about ANYTHING. Ask Winnar or e-mail us at MSUVGCL@gmail.com

So, ::Tekken Voice:: WILL YOU RISE TO THE CHALLENGE OF BECOMING NUMERO UNO ???

Side Note: We do take bets on other matches (except on yourself or your team) prior to the start of each match.

N-Gage
(College Gaming Circuit President and Founder)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@N-Gage
At the top of the post put the date of the tournament and the address. I was looking through that trying to find that info, and that will make it easier for people to find the most important info first.

I'm still amazed at that Papa John's deal. That's insane. Seriously... $3 for a crap load of pizza and a drink.

But yeah, for those of you that see this I personally endorse this tournament. While N-Gage is rather new to hosting tournaments for smash, the starkville smash group and I are working with him, and by the time April rolls around this will be a super smooth tournament.

Top Bottom