• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misinputs Dancing blades = Up B vice verse uptilt = up smash vice versa

Zolgard

Smash Rookie
So I’ve been playing Marth and Lucina for a few months and I’m having serious and I mean serious trouble with mis inputs mainly recovering and dancing blade execution. When I’m off stage and trying to recover when I get close to the ledge I try to UpB to ledge I do dancing blades then float to my death. I usually pay extra careful attention to my thumb when doing this only to still execute dancing blade. Then in the opposite situation I’m on stage trying to execute dancing blade,out of nowhere I do an up b, but in this situation im holding my joystick in direction I just walked or foxtrotted in to begin the dancing blade , and I alway and I mean always do the neutral dancing blade . I don’t do the upward slashes or the downward slashes out of fear of doing something like a dolphin slash or the counter . Nobody else I know has this problem. Also I have similar problems when trying to do up smash and up tilt, for up tilts I will always press the joystick up first then press the a button only to get a smash. I know I’m bad but can some please give me some get good advice .

Last edited:

winwizard

Smash Rookie
I have been having the same problem with the pro controller. Ive noticed it happen more when I am trying to hold up for up b. I think what may be happening is that i am kind of doing a semi-circle from the side to my up position instead of straight up, then hitting b slightly too early. That's my guess as to what is happening.

Top Bottom