• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Misc. Zelda Questions!

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
Well after seeing some vids, and what they did to my melee main (shiek), I think Zelda is looking good, so I have some questions.

1. Since Din's Fire is larger, does link's shield still block it?
2. Do her aerials always auto sweetspot?
3. What would you say is zelda's worst matchup?
4. Any cool combos you want to share?

Iris

Smash Ace
1: Yes
2: No

My question: Can Farore's punish people edgehogging Zelda without invincibility frames, and can she grab onto the ledge after knocking them off with Farore's?

Luthien

Smash Ace
1. Depends. If you can get the ball to go just behind him, it'll hit him. However, dentonating the ball right in front of him will allow his sheild to protect him.
2. No. Which is why the kick has ultimately been nerfed. The rewards for hitting the sweetspot are greater, but it's way harder to land.
3. Dunno. Someone smart can answer this one.
4.Nope. Haven't played the game.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
1. I recall hearing that it always blocked as long as he was staying still even if it went behind him, but I very well could be wrong.
2. No. What would be the point of a Sweetspot if it automatically did it for you?
3. I've heard Olimar, just because he's frickin tiny and hard to land anything besides Din's with.
4. Not played it yet.

Wow, my answers weren't very helpful at all

Question of my own: So in some videos (most noticeably Darkmusicians) I'll notice sometimes a Din's will be far away from the opponent, but still hit him and sometimes the explosion will be like right on top of the guy and nothing will happen. Why is this?

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah, except every time i've seen air dodging I noticed it. I dunno, maybe it got lost in the explosion.

I thought it was air dodging, but I was looking for it and I couldn't see it. Oh well, maybe I need to look harder.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
1. link can still block dins fire with his shield only on the ground and he his to be at a stationary stop.
2.her moves do not sweetspot you have to sweetspot them yourselves.
3. i am pretty sure marth prolly, but i dont know its too soon to tell and plus she is a better character now so i dont know.
4. the best combo is dins fire juggle.

Levitas

the moon
Air dodging is to jumping like sidestepping is to standing still: your trajectory stays the same, but you're invulnerable for a bit. However, just like a spot-dodge, you can get hit afterwards pretty easily, so it's not really broken

Top Bottom