• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minnesota/North Dakota

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I live in the Fargo/Moorhead area and Im looking to find players who still playing Brawl and lay Project M.

I haven't challenged many people in Brawl outside my friend circle. I think I am pretty good, but rather than boast my game I'd rather play other players and see where I stand. I can tech, I can DI, I've played smash for a long time, since the beginning of Melee and then moved to Brawl when it launched. So I would love to find someone to fight with regularly and learn more.

Other than that I am going to be getting Project M, which I've never touched at all. I want to learn this game too.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
http://s6.zetaboards.com/MNSmash/index/

The super secret MN forums.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but there isn't a very strong scene in ND since I left in 08. A couple folks here n there show interest, but due to the lack of a play group, they usually lose motivation to drive the 200 miles one way to place poorly vs a group who have established some serious experience and skills.

I don't mean to deter you, just to help you see the situation. Most of the scene in MN is pretty groovy as far as setting up casual play dates, and that might be what you want to do. Plan a play date with someone like Aaron or Chexr or Deepak or Flux. There's a bunch of newer faces too.

So what am I saying? Find a tourney in MN, and plan an overnight play date before the event. I'm a ssbm guy but I know there is a brawl group in the Twin Cities. WI, IL, IN, or OH are good places to go soak up some xp too!

Good luck!

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Hey thanks man Im gonna have to check it out. It might be a little difficult for me to just dive in head first, like I want, since I live so far away from the big places that have players and tournaments. Not to mention Im getting married in 40 days so all time and money goes towards that right now. But come fall and on I will be looking to travel and what not.

Thanks for the tips!

Top Bottom