• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Minion Throw and Inhale?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Looks like King Dedede's bringing back his Up special high jump and his Down special jet hammer. However, his Side special where he could toss a Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, or Gordo and his Inhale have not been shown off. Do you think we're going to see them again? Maybe enhanced? Or could King Dedede be getting some revamps like many of the veterans are?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We'll see it in due time, I think.

Link and Toon Link still haven't shown their boomerangs though, so who knows.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I hope they replace his inhale. I mean it had some gimmick uses but I wish he had something else.

Minion throw is alright. Hope it's buffed.

I really hate his jet hammer attack. It's so laggy and bad. Most useless move out of his b attacks

Hong

The Strongest
The only thing I could ask for is perhaps his inhale can become more of a dynamic command grab. That is to say, maybe after you have them inhaled you can press down to go for a belly flop.

I really hate his jet hammer attack. It's so laggy and bad. Most useless move out of his b attacks
Something tells me they will be smarter about these kinds of attacks now. It just needs a little something extra to make it good. Maybe high shield-impact, or grants momentum when released in the air.
Can't jump to conclusions just yet. :p
Ridley in the clouds.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm pretty sure both moves are coming back, unless Sakurai would want to implement Hammer Toss in some way. (the attack Hammer Kirby can use to throw his hammer and discard his ability, but in Return to Dreamland King Dedede can perform the same move as much as he pleases)

Also, I'd rather keep Waddle Dee Toss personally. It fits his personality well, and it has been my savior in many Sudden Death matches.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Minion toss could possibly be replaced, but there's no chance they'd remove his inhale attack

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't really think either of those moves would change. I was under the impression that his minion throw was one of his best moves; I suppose he could throw something else, but the general premise will probably still be there in order to not drastically alter his play-style. I like the inhale as it reminds me of Imhotep.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure both moves are coming back, unless Sakurai would want to implement Hammer Toss in some way. (the attack Hammer Kirby can use to throw his hammer and discard his ability, but in Return to Dreamland King Dedede can perform the same move as much as he pleases)

Also, I'd rather keep Waddle Dee Toss personally. It fits his personality well, and it has been my savior in many Sudden Death matches.
I pretty much agree with all you've said. King Dedede is, or at least in my opinion, one of the few characters in Brawl that was perfect...Along with Olimar and a few others.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
most characters remain unchanged and I imagine he will be 2

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I feel that Dedede's Inhale could use more range and be more damaging to be true to the games. As for Waddle Dee toss, I would be okay with it returning, but I would like the hammer toss.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Dedede's Inhale is the most powerful one in the game. It pulls things faster, but the range is fairly moderate. It just feels kind of worthless as a Kirby copy ability though.

Have no problem with the way his Minion Toss works. Maybe an extra minion with different properties like a Bronto Burt or a Spear Waddle Dee would make it a bit more unpredictable and funner. Not sure if it would rule out Bandana Waddle Dee though.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Alternatively: Turn inhale into a tether grab that doesn't work on ledges, making his throws more like Yoshi's. Then Minion Toss can swap to Neutral B, perhaps with a tiny bit less horizontal range and a tad more vertical, and his side B can be the hammerang thing the modern Hammer Bros do. Suddenly you have a much more unique character and a Kirby move that not only feels less pointless but also is on theme with the crown hat.

D

Deleted member

Those moves will return as they are reflective on King Dedede's character.
Inhale is a move that he has had since the beginning, so I can't see it get replaced. Waddle Dees are also an important part of his character as Waddle Dees are his key minions, so I can't see Waddle Dee Toss get replaced by another move.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I love the Gordo Toss.
The angle of it looks very useful, and it doesn't seem to have that much lag.
Now, it's up for the Aerial version to see how useful it truly is.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so with waddle dees gone... does this mean we might be able to play as bandana dee?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
You can see inhale in a picture(s) on the flickr set of images when Isabelle's on the field.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I liked throwing Dees and Doos, but a consistent angle (It looks great if you chuck them as a ground -> offstage project) and strength might be good. Boy do I wish I could kick lasers though.

Top Bottom