• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini-L-Cancel Fair/Bair with Side-B?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
A little discovery I might have made, where there are a few frames in which, if you input a fair or bair, you would receive landing lag. However, if you hold side B right after, you will instead receive no lag. This seems to be only 2~ frames of additional leeway, or it may just be my imagination.

But this seems to be rather useful, for doing semi-delayed fairs/bairs (since, fairs especially are hard to autocancel if you dont do it immediately off of SH)

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
What makes you so sure this is a real thing? Can you get some video evidence that shows it in action?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
What makes you so sure this is a real thing? Can you get some video evidence that shows it in action?
Once I get my capture card back from my friend, I can try? XD

Like I said, it could be my imagination, but I'm pretty sure it's a thing.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

Wait, could this mean that anything in Villager's arsenal can have no landing lag if you hold side B after in the air? That could change everything about Villager... I'll have to see this for myself.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Wait, could this mean that anything in Villager's arsenal can have no landing lag if you hold side B after in the air? That could change everything about Villager... I'll have to see this for myself.
If it's there, it's only 1-2 frames more of leeway from landing lag. So not THAT gamechanging (tho thatd be sweet XDD)

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
ok so i messed around with this and it's not just fair, bair or side b, it's any Aeriel with any special, but there's a catch, you can only cancel it if the hitbox for the move hasn't come out yet, :/, please lemme know if i'm wrong as this would be godlike if i am

Top Bottom