• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mindgamez0rs

Vitaminless22

Smash Rookie
Ive been playing Doc ever since I got SSBM. Me and my friend have been getting way into advance tactics. I can Shffl. I can WD. Now I need LOTS of help on teh mindgames. Any tips????

St. Viers

Smash Champion
mind games are hard to teach, but here are a couple of little tricks.

Pill tricks: if you time it right, you can throw a pill and finish with the lag while still in air. This allows you to WD as you land, and can be used to retreat or approach the enemy. Or just allow you to land next to them, jab and downsmash.

------Also, you can throw a pill at your pursuer by turning around in air. Just lightly tap the opposite direction from where you are going (as to not mess up the actual travel in that direction) and you will turn around and throw a pill at the person chasing you. If you time it right, you can then still WD when you hit the ground.

WDing itself is a great mindgame. Dash in to attack, and then WD back when they anticipate your attack, and then WD forward again to punish their missed attack.

Just a few tricks, but remember, mindgames are more just thinking on your feet during a fight, and not becoming predictable. The tips above are just a few ways to keep your opponent guessing

Top Bottom