• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mind Games?? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defyyy

Smash Rookie
Ok so i am new to playing SSBM competitively for like 2 weeks i play as Falco i got alot of what i think the basics are like: SHL, and WD i mean but i am not sure as i read over some of these threads and i see MIND GAMES i am not really sure what it means and was wondering if somebody could explain also looking for some combos that could help me out. Also if you could simplfy your explanation as much as possible that would be great.

-thanks

Knifey McStab

Smash Cadet
mindgames are making your opponent look stupid. do whatever you think would make them look dumb. that's what mindgames are.

Defyyy

Smash Rookie
Like lets saying running at them and then WD away from them when i get close so they miss there attack?? See this is videos alot.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Someone link to the g-reg thread that clarifies this subject, also my falco guide that's floating around here could help you out </plug>

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
mind games are usually refered to as leading your opponent into doing something you want them to do so you can counter their mistakes. its all based on your style of play

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Its like making them play games in their mind so they play both ssbm and mind games at the same time!

Repryx

Smash Champion
This thread needs to Be closed....read the stickies or ask G-Reg...But from what Ive done and seen its switching between pressures, speeds, & Movement and attack patterns to Keep your opponents always guessing or simply outsmarting your opponent

HAKU

Smash Apprentice
Mindgames in my terms are, Predicting the opponents next move and such and to use techniques and confuse the opponents such as using DashDancing and etc. :)

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why does everyone in the Falco specific want to close threads? So Mod happy here...:S
Because people make stupid threads. We have a Q&A thread for basic questions like how to shl, how to pillar, etc. People rather make new threads for these kinds of questions. People make threads when there are existing ones because they are too lazy to search.

I searched for "mind games" and got this:

http://smashboards.com/search.php?searchid=725773

So many mindgame threads...closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom