• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Say there was an extra character in smash, Mii. How awesome would it be to have customizable character with a standard move set. How good of moves could he/she have. The only game I have played with mii's is wii sports and just from that i thought of all kinds of moves for the character. Like for specials he could throw a bowling ball, hit tennis balls at you, pull out boxing gloves for smashes along with the baseball bat/tennis racket/golf club (peach-ness haha). What can you think of from other games the mii has been in so far or others from wii sports?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I'm glad Miis are not playable... To be honest, that would be one of the worst things that Sakurai could have done with the game. Who really wants an online mode where all you run into is a bunch of anime characters and Homer Simpsons. Maybe a standard "Mii" that is not customizable, but that defeats the purpose of a Mii.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
If smash 4 was to come out on a nintendo console that didn't support miis then the following would have to happen.

A) The game would have to come with a memory/space consuming mii creator
or
B) The playable Miis would be the generic auto characters with no actual personality
or
C) Take out a character that people took time to learn and play with.

Miis are for wiis, not forever.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
I'm so glad Miis aren't playable. They would have been such a horrible character and they look terrible. I hate Miis.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I'm glad Miis are not playable... To be honest, that would be one of the worst things that Sakurai could have done with the game. Who really wants an online mode where all you run into is a bunch of anime characters and Homer Simpsons. Maybe a standard "Mii" that is not customizable, but that defeats the purpose of a Mii.
What he said.

Chops73

Smash Cadet
Some of those mii's can be pretty dirty. Not safe for little kids right?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I'd like the Mii, it would allow for some pretty zany characters to be in Brawl! The bad thing I forsee is people making their Mii do certain..."things" with Zero Suit Samus.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There was a GIGANTIC thread supporting miis back before the game was released in Japan. Over the course of that thread's lifespan, just about every conceivable idea regarding miis and their movesets was discussed.

I've never been a fan of the idea. I'm glad miis aren't playable in Brawl and I hope they remain absent in any future installments. And I'll just leave it at that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
apparently none of you have imagined seeing yourself smacking marth in the testicals with a bowling ball.
Marth has testicles?

Anyway, Miis would have been a horrible idea. This game is

1. About Nintendo icons, not generic characters meant to represent players.

2. fighting against InuYasha and Homer Simpson online = fail. (even though homer is totally awesome, he doesnt belong in smash. period.

3. It would just be terrible. Thats all.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
There was a GIGANTIC thread supporting miis back before the game was released in Japan. Over the course of that thread's lifespan, just about every conceivable idea regarding miis and their movesets was discussed.

I've never been a fan of the idea. I'm glad miis aren't playable in Brawl and I hope they remain absent in any future installments. And I'll just leave it at that.
Oh Circus, you never change. You still don't understand that Miis are the future! ;)

I'm disappointed that Miis aren't playable in Brawl (according to those "Iwata Asks" interviews Sakurai rejected the idea outright). However, they ARE playable in Mario Kart Wii so I can look forward to destroying my friends over the interwebs with my Robo Cop Mii.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
mii will be the nintendo icon for the wii. the wii dosnt have many new character concepts. There will also be many games with the mii's involved. (wii sports, wii play, wii music ect.) maby you forgot the wii is a nintendo console and the mii's come with it on the main screen. also --sonic? snake? robot? wolf? not very significant nintendo characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
mii will be the nintendo icon for the wii. the wii dosnt have many new character concepts. There will also be many games with the mii's involved. (wii sports, wii play, wii music ect.) maby you forgot the wii is a nintendo console and the mii's come with it on the main screen. also --sonic? snake? robot? wolf? not very significant nintendo characters.

Dont know your Nintendo history eh? R.O.B. was an extremely important part of Nintendo history.

Wolf represents the successful part of the Starfox series, or was at least part of it. If Krystal was in, she would represent the games that caused the downfall of the starfox series.

Sonic is a gaming icon. He and Mario battled for #1 in the 90s. He was brought in due to popular demand purely.

Snake - Also a gaming icon. And, he is the creation of Sakurai's close friend, Hideo Kojima, who wanted Snake in Melee, but there wasnt enough time, sadly.

The Mii, is just a generic representation of the player, seemingly meant to provide the player with a more personal experience in certain games.

THis would have been an awful idea in brawl, as the Mii is not important to gaming or Nintendo history whatsoever. Sure, the Mii is seemingly the "mascot" of the Wii, but what makes it popular is not the Mii, but the control scheme. It's like saying Professor Kawashima is the icon for the DS, and thu should have been a playable character.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
nah, im just sayin people will remember the mii's and wolf wasnt that prevalent in star fox 64( only one ive played, im oldschool,)eg. sonic wasnt part of nintendo, eg. snake is just as important as master chief. i was not questioning their improtance only remarking they will be remrmbered just as much as the mii will- who hasnt played wii sports? and rob? america didnt like rob. very few were sold- plus- define a nintendo character. the mii has several games that they are the only character in the game. whether they deserve a spot in smash or not is irrelevant now. but to say the mii is not a nintendo character is ridiculous, it has many games and will have many more including the game that comes with the wii(every wii owner owns a mii game)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I think it would have been funny to play as a Mii, lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
nah, im just sayin people will remember the mii's and wolf wasnt that prevalent in star fox 64( only one ive played, im oldschool,)eg. sonic wasnt part of nintendo, eg. snake is just as important as master chief. i was not questioning their improtance only remarking they will be remrmbered just as much as the mii will- who hasnt played wii sports? and rob? america didnt like rob. very few were sold-
Sigh.....

Miis will not be remembered as well as these others, nowhere eve close to as well as Sonic is and will be remembered.

And if you've only played Starfox 64, it would be best not to comment on Wolf... youre just setting yourself up for flaming...

How is Master Chief as important as Snake? You do realize that Sonic and Snake both had "only gamecube" games (Twin Snakes and SA2B) that sold very well, and left their mark on Nintendo... Snake is also a character everyone will remember before they remember someone has personality-less as Master-cheif.

And "how many robs were sold" isnt really the factor here... ROB was compatible with the NES, and people either bought NES' to use him or bought him to go with them, and Gyromite wasnt a bad game, anyway. And after this increase in NES sales and whatnot, and overall increase in Video Game interest, games like SMB were released, and that began Nintendo's great reputation.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad Mii's arent playable. The only real use of them I could ever see in Brawl, is being the dummies for Multi-Man Brawl. But even that would be a disappointment.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Generic or not, Miis are most definitely Nintendo icons. They also have a weird, minimalist charm to them that casual players (and non-casuals) are fond of. They even appeared in as many games as Mario last year. I would have liked to see them playable, but clearly Sakurai felt they were better suited for Wi-fi icons. A shame, that.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
I think you have the conception that I am mad that the 3rd parties and rob made it in the game and the mii didnt. its the opposite- i love the new roster and every character on it. mii would be a stupid element in smash but it still will be a very important character. maby not to our generation but i know my little couisins always come over and make miis and that is thier favorite part of the wii. oh, and master chief has sold so many copies its insane. he is at least 10 times more popular than snake (i hate halo).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh Circus, you never change. You still don't understand that Miis are the future! ;)
Eh, I can change if given enough reason to. The problem is, I usually don't form any kind of opinion on anything until I basically have all the pros and cons worked out in my head, so changing my mind almost requires making stuff up. ;)

As for Miis being the future, I'm a little iffy. But they're certainly the present. At this point, they still seem just a tad too gimmicky for me to grant them any kind of guaranteed longevity. But they've got a lot of people's attention right now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think you have the conception that I am mad that the 3rd parties and rob made it in the game and the mii didnt. its the opposite- i love the new roster and every character on it. mii would be a stupid element in smash but it still will be a very important character. maby not to our generation but i know my little couisins always come over and make miis and that is thier favorite part of the wii. oh, and master chief has sold so many copies its insane. he is at least 10 times more popular than snake (i hate halo).
Once again, "Who sold how many of _____" is irrelevant. Snake is a character with a personality, sense of humor, what have you.

Another thing, is that the Halo games are bought because of gameplay, and you never hear anyone say "Omg, what hillarious lines will the master chief say this time??"

However, some do hope for things like that from Snake, and Snake is truly the soul of his games. Master Chief...is not.

And you cant compare how well a single game sold to an entire long-running series. MGS over the years has surely sold more copies than Halo games.

(MGS includes MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS Portable, Twin Snakes, as well as the soon to be MGS4, which should sell well also. You could also include the original Metal Gear games in this. )

Halo, is now, really, a dead series. Unless by some miracle it's devs decide to make another, so the money wont be rolling in for that anymore.

MGS4 is also to be the last of the series, according to Kojima, and it will eventually, be dead as well. However, which had the more lasting affect on gamers over the years? Im quite sure it was MGS, and Im not really a MGS fan either. I actually prefer Halo.

But anyway, Why are we comparing Snake to Master Chief? Snake is much more badass anyway. Besides, Master Chief has had nothing to do with Nintendo whatsoever that actually went through (The forgotten Halo DS that never was) so Master Chief has no place in this arguement.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Miis are ******** and gimmicky, and would have ruined Brawl. Add me to the list of people who are very glad they are not in the game.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
yeah i know, i was just mentioning him. so lets end the discussion of nintendo's history and snake vs. master cheif. send me your friend code sunday and well play brawl. enjoyed our discussion. btw- they are making halo wars which is like a rts game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
fixed.

Hath you Mii haters possess any soul?
Souls are overrated. It's much more hip to scrutinize everything nowadays anyway, so I'm cool.

P. S. On the subject, I don't think "possess" is needed in that sentence.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Eh, I can change if given enough reason to. The problem is, I usually don't form any kind of opinion on anything until I basically have all the pros and cons worked out in my head, so changing my mind almost requires making stuff up. ;)

As for Miis being the future, I'm a little iffy. But they're certainly the present. At this point, they still seem just a tad too gimmicky for me to grant them any kind of guaranteed longevity. But they've got a lot of people's attention right now.
Yeah, I guess people just have different likes and dislikes. Although I personally would have loved to play as a Mii in Brawl, I recognize that lots of Smashers would have been up in arms had they been included. All things considered, I suppose Sakuarai made the correct decision.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I would have LOVED to have customised my Final Smash!
It would have involved a tank, falling from the sky..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom