• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Swordfighter 3DS Stage Discussion

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey guys I wanted to talk about the stages on the 3ds version for the Swordfighter. After playing a bit on Smash Ladder, I decided to make small observations about all the stages legal in the 3DS version:

Starter:
Battlefield: Definitely Swordfighter's overall favorite stage. The platforms allow them to run away from rushdown, zone in on keepaway for some CQC, (if you run it) allow for more places to use AA for recovery, and most importantly get early KO's with U-air. If the opponent's using the platforms we can use U-tilts and U-airs to get easy damage/pressure.

Final Destination
: Matchup dependent, the lack of platforms hurts Swordfighter but it can also potentially hurt the opponent. Rushdown characters like Falcon would like the platforms more than you so they can avoid SoL better, but keepaway characters love being able to pin you down with their projectiles. A solid second stage if you already won in Battlefield.

Yoshi's Island: I don't like this stage the hills neuter SoL and GS but the platform allows for U-air Shenanigans and the random platforms can help with recovery, but personally I don't think its worth making your projectiles situational

Counterpick:
Prism Tower: Variable stage. The low blastzones plus the high platforms means you can net yourself some early KO's but more mobile characters can ignore your zoning with the abundance of platforms. If you have AA you should always recover, if you have Chakram you can make good use of those off stage platforms.

Arena Ferox: The different changing platforms are helpful when trying to escape pressure but make it really difficult to mount an offense at times.

Top Bottom